1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM recommendations under 700 USD

1. PR0JECTNR56
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for a new IEM with a maximum budget of 700 USD, to pair with a Cowon Plenue 1.

Currently I am using my DAP with an AKG N40, which I do enjoy, however I am seeking for a more advanced sound, that is able to deliver a fun characteristic.

The must have requirements for the new candidate would be the following:
    - Universal IEM with an ergonomic shape and over the ear cabling (like Fearless Audio S6 Rui)
    - Replacable cable (I prefer the 2-pin connectors, however MMCX is fine as well)

Mostly I am listening to Metalcore/deathcore, korean pop, hip-hop, electronic.

Thank you for your recommendations in advance!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. starfly
    Try the Beyerdynamic Xelento, you should be able to pick those up for around $700 if you look around carefully. They're super comfortable. Sound signature wise, they have elevated sub-bass, mids are slightly recessed but very clear and detailed, and highs are crisp and natural sounding. Overall somewhat V-shaped, but still pretty balanced sounding. They are on the bassier side (but I wouldn't call them bass head IEMs), but the bass is highly refined.