Iem Questions
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tsiu6

New Head-Fier
Hello Head.fi!!

Long time lurker, first time coming out of the shadows to post. :)  Maybe just a brief intro?  My name is Trevor, been into audio for a while, but its time to make that jump: Custom IEMs.  I am now playing out enough that I am/can justify the cost of custom in ears.  Honestly, I have been searching google and head.fi, but the more I look, the more options there are, and the more I feel like my head is going to explode; so I will try posting to see if anyone can help :).

As I said, these will be mainly used for on stage performance with an Aviom system.  I play Acoustic Guitar, sing, keys and bass at times.  I would ideally prefer something that has a relatively flatish representation, and a broad soundstage, as instrument separation is important for me when I lead.  Here's the trick, is I am looking in the $500 price range. I know I can buy some phenomenal ones like: 
UE 4 Pro
JH 5
In Earz IE p450 (on sale for March)
Westone AC1/2
UM Marvel

And so many more.  I realize that having more drivers isnt always better, but I also had looked at picking up some used JH 11s or Westone ES5 and reshelling them.  Any ideas on which Custom in ear would fit my criteria?  

Cheers!
Trev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back