IEM for rock and metal
Feb 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #47 of 72
Here's a comparison between SE215 and GR07 from a forummer here:

From: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1815#post_10052250
  1. metabaron

I have both and the Shure don't even come close. The SE 215 are good for what they are, fun headphones for people that want a warm, not critical listening. They are outclassed by the V Sonics on pretty much everything, is not even a contest. In fact, they are not the best in their price bracket, and in fact even headphones that are cheaper, like the Dunu's Landmine, are better. Of course, personal preference plays a huge part in our selection, and you might prefer the Shure's sound signature. So they are not better but you might end up enjoying them more.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #48 of 72
The GR07s are a little out of my price range.  I did hear the VSD1S are supposed to be just as good though.  Does anyone have experience with the VSD1s and JVC FTX90s?  Is the VSD1s a fuller sounding IEM with more bass?

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #49 of 72
They are selling the GR07 Classic (3rd generation GR07) at LMUE for $104 with free shipping. I realize it's still $40 more than your budget. The only issue is the 1st and 2nd generation GR07 used the bio cellulose diaphragms but there are people stating that the diaphragms on the new ones are normal ones. Anyway since VSD1 has 80% of the SQ of the GR07, it should be a good buy. Not sure about JVC,

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #51 of 72
So far the best experience I had with IEMs for rock/metal was the VC1000. Pretty balanced, fast tight bass with good impact, detailed and fatigue free. But it has a slight u shape too, I guess the FXT90 is more to a V shape.

Do you know the VC1000s compare to the VSD1s?  I hear that the VSD1s are good for rock and metal and are only around $50

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #52 of 72
Do you know the VC1000s compare to the VSD1s?  I hear that the VSD1s are good for rock and metal and are only around $50

Can't say, never heard them.

But, if you want a fuller sounding IEM with more bass and sub bass, you should go with either VSD1 or GR07 from what I've read. Or if you prefer a fast tight bass with more clarity over the spectrum, go with the VC1000.

I think it really comes down to preferences now, both are well rated here.

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #53 of 72
As a metalhead and rock lover, I cannot recommend the M-Duo from MEElectronics more. Never have I head IEM that can handle every genre of metal and rock guitar accurately and faithfully. Whether it be Type-O Negative, Megadeth, Epica, Amorphis, Dream Theatre, Nightwish, Dimmu Bogir, Dire Straits, Kansas, Eric Clapton, I can go on and on. The M-Duo slays everything!!! :p

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #54 of 72
  As a metalhead and rock lover, I cannot recommend the M-Duo from MEElectronics more. Never have I head IEM that can handle every genre of metal and rock guitar accurately and faithfully. Whether it be Type-O Negative, Megadeth, Epica, Amorphis, Dream Theatre, Nightwish, Dimmu Bogir, Dire Straits, Kansas, Eric Clapton, I can go on and on. The M-Duo slays everything!!! :p

You cannot or or can recommend the M-Duos?  It sounds to me like you are recommending these for metal, but I just wanted to double check.

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #55 of 72
Yes, he's recommending it.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #59 of 72
  Even though its getting a bit old, I would still go with the Vsonic GR07 mk2 or bes

+1, me too especially now that the bio-cellulose version of the GR07 is no longer in production and the newer ones uses non bio-cellulose diagram material.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #60 of 72
  Even though its getting a bit old, I would still go with the Vsonic GR07 mk2 or bes

Those are a little out of my price range.  I am looking for a sub $100 IEM that is good for rock and metal, has good bass with a punch and bright but not too aggressive treble.  Also, preferably I would like to wear them with the cable down besides over the ears.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back