IEM for rock and metal
Feb 21, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #61 of 72
  How are the M-duos compared to the VSD1s?  I am hearing great things about V-sonic but all out of all honestly the IEMs themselves look pretty ugly and not very comfortable.

Lord knows I have read up enough on the VSD1S, but have not personally tried them, simply because as you put they are butt ugly and look uncomfortable. :p

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #62 of 72
Try Hifiman RE-400, Yamaha EPH-100 or Sony MH1C. These are highly rated here and about $100 or below

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #63 of 72

Lord knows I have read up enough on the VSD1S, but have not personally tried them, simply because as you put they are butt ugly and look uncomfortable. :p

I think you have me almost sold on the M-Duos!  Are they comfortable for wear for long periods of time and is the remote before or after the Y split?  If it's before then does the remote extend pass your chin or is it right at chin level?  I hate when they position the remote right at chin level and it keeps hitting your face lol.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #64 of 72
The remote is positioned (for me, 5'8") right in front of my collar bone on the left cable. It has never hit me in the face or bounced off my chest. The remote button/mic is actually housed in a metal tube which not only help reinforce the button (and the wire coming in and out) but weigh it down so it will tend to stay where it should. It is incredibly light but get the job done. As for comfort, I have listened to the M-Duos for 3-4 albums straight with no fatigue. For the 6-7 months I have owned my pair, I have not only treated the M-Duos like a pair of $5 ear buds but have had several incidences where my arm snagged the cable (jacket's fault) resulting in either my iPod being violently ripped from my pocket or I have ripped the monitors out of my ears, still attached; Zero sound issues, zero signs of wear.
etysmile.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #65 of 72
  The remote is positioned (for me, 5'8") right in front of my collar bone on the left cable. It has never hit me in the face or bounced off my chest. The remote button/mic is actually housed in a metal tube which not only help reinforce the button (and the wire coming in and out) but weigh it down so it will tend to stay where it should. It is incredibly light but get the job done. As for comfort, I have listened to the M-Duos for 3-4 albums straight with no fatigue. For the 6-7 months I have owned my pair, I have not only treated the M-Duos like a pair of $5 ear buds but have had several incidences where my arm snagged the cable (jacket's fault) resulting in either my iPod being violently ripped from my pocket or I have ripped the monitors out of my ears, still attached; Zero sound issues, zero signs of wear.
etysmile.gif

I hate to be a pain but is it possible if you can post a pic of you wearing the earphones from the side so I can see exactly where the remote hangs?  

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #66 of 72
Sorry for the late reply, and crappy shirt. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #68 of 72
The smaller of the triple flange is what I prefer. Comply 400's work with the M-Duo.

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #70 of 72
  Thanks dude! I just ordered mine.  Hopefully they live up to my expectations! :D

Hey! I was just checking out this thread and I am looking exactly what you were looking for. Did the M-Duo's live up to your expectations in terms of sound quality and comfort? Or did you end up getting something else. Looking forward to a response from you so that I can hopefully decide on what to get after a ton of forum reading. :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #71 of 72

Hello,

I'm looking for a new IEM for the daily usage. What i mainly listen is heavy metal and i'm not a bass head, what I'm mainly looking for is treble and clarity. After reading lots of forums and reviews i've found some item's which is under my budget. Because where i live most of the brands don't have local sale, so I've to depend on the reviews and buy online. The models I've selected are

VSONIC GR07

Hifiman RE400

Shure SE215

JVC FXT90

AKG K374

Mee M-Duo

soundmagic e80

soundmagic e10

Which one will be best suitable for me. If there is any model within this price range better than these available please recommend that also. i can't check any of these directly, so your personal review is what i can rely on. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #72 of 72
  Hi guys,

I am new to this site, so I am not sure if I posting this in the right section.  I am looking for good IEM for listening to mainly hard rock and heavy metal.  Some of the bands I listen to are Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Dream Theater, Breaking Benjamin, Tool.  I currently have been using Klipsch s4 which a really like but the one of the cables are getting loose and  I am looking to upgrade.  My budget is between $40 and $60 (I could spend a little more if need be).  I also just bough a pair of the Brainwavz M2 but they sound too bassy and pretty muffled.  I like some bass but clear mids and highs.  I have been reading a lot of reviews of the Vsonic IEMs and I am pretty interest in trying some but I am not sure which would be the best for my music type.  Also, I prefer IEMs that you can wear straight down and not over the ear.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

I've heard good things about the ATH-IM50 / IM70 for that kind of music at that price point.  Check them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back