IEM for motorcycling?
Jul 7, 2006 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

IHaveNoSpaceBar

100+ Head-Fier
What IEM work out best for blocking out noise/listening to music on motorcycles? Don't worry I am only interested in using it for a single ear when I am on the bike.

My question is...would the CX300's be sufficient? or would I have to get the ER6i? Also I don't want it falling out constantly..would the cx300's do the job?

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 15
id say the cx300 would be fine, but i am not certain it would stay on when you put your helmet on, i would suggest the um1, as it fits flush and would probably stay in better. just my 2 cents...

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 15
I use UM2s on my bike. Any IEM that can use tri-flange tips will work great. The catch being if you can't hear your environment, you could die, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I use UM2s on my bike. Any IEM that can use tri-flange tips will work great. The catch being if you can't hear your environment, you could die, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, that's where PtH technology comes in
wink.gif

A good idea would be to use something non-isolating for regular drives, and IEMs for highway use.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 15
ER6i's isolate wonderfully and sit basically flush with the ear, I think they would work with a helmet. The sound is great too. That would be my suggestion, however I have no experience with the CX300.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 15
U didnt tell your budget.

UM1 is great when on budget....or UM2 if u want better SQ.

Comply tips have a secure fit

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #8 of 15
^ Its been 2 1/2 years.
Guess he have found a suitable IEM by now, within his budget (whatever that was).
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 15
haha old topic... i wonder what did IHaveNoSpaceBar get.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What IEM work out best for blocking out noise/listening to music on motorcycles? Don't worry I am only interested in using it for a single ear when I am on the bike.

My question is...would the CX300's be sufficient? or would I have to get the ER6i? Also I don't want it falling out constantly..would the cx300's do the job?

do yourself a favour. don't listen when riding.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Its been 2 1/2 years.
Guess he have found a suitable IEM by now, within his budget (whatever that was).
smile.gif

damn..sorry didnt see the date..not my fault though..someone else bumped it up

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #14 of 15
I use the cx-300's when I ride my harley. Well, I should say cx-300, i just use one. the cx-300's are great for riding, i can still hear traffic with it in my ear. What I do notice is a significant bass lose at highway speeds, which surprised me because of how well the headphones seals in my ear, i thought the bass would be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back