IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Sep 25, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #1,981 of 2,101
What other IEMs have tried before getting to the IE600's endgame?
What is IE600 doing better?
Not much others I must say.

I have small ears so I searched for a smaller shell IEM and the ie600 fits that perfectly.

I purchased the ie200 prior to that to test fit and it was a success, so It turned me even more on the 600.

I've tried IMR ozar, but the fit was very poor on me and the sound also wasnt a big deal. Ive used a campfire audio q/2019 c4 which I liked a lot before trying the sennheisers.
Also have truthear hexa, which sound ok but too invisible for me.

IE600 brings more energy and handles EQ better in my opinionm

Sep 25, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #1,982 of 2,101
Not much others I must say.

I have small ears so I searched for a smaller shell IEM and the ie600 fits that perfectly.

I purchased the ie200 prior to that to test fit and it was a success, so It turned me even more on the 600.

I've tried IMR ozar, but the fit was very poor on me and the sound also wasnt a big deal. Ive used a campfire audio q/2019 c4 which I liked a lot before trying the sennheisers.
Also have truthear hexa, which sound ok but too invisible for me.

IE600 brings more energy and handles EQ better in my opinionm
Thank you!

P.S. I would not call "having more energy and handling the EQ better" to be "not much"! For me these are important features for an IEM

Oct 11, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #1,983 of 2,101
Hello guys, can you recommend me an iem for Power, Heavy, Thrash metal? I mostly listen to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Manowar, Dio, Overkill and Powerwolf. I want sound to be engaging and punchy. I am willing to spend ~100$, but i don't mind stretching the budget a little bit if it's worth it

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,984 of 2,101
I have been thinking about getting an IEM that has a more relaxed treble to handle more poorly mastered albums.
Currently rocking mainly the mest mk2 which sound great in general (sometimes with EQ, sometimes stock) but dont work with every record.
I am considering the aur neon pro or 7th acoustics supernova. What are your thoughts community?

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #1,985 of 2,101
I have been thinking about getting an IEM that has a more relaxed treble to handle more poorly mastered albums.
Currently rocking mainly the mest mk2 which sound great in general (sometimes with EQ, sometimes stock) but dont work with every record.
I am considering the aur neon pro or 7th acoustics supernova. What are your thoughts community?
You'll more than likely need 2-3 to handle everything. As you probably know, metal is mastered and recorded under every conceivable quality level. 1 will only be middling at best. A compromise. I have what is perfect (so far) for me but it takes 4 main IEM's. And all but 1 are single DD's. I used to own mest mk2.
Also, investing in an r2r dac may help soften and naturalize delivery, if you haven't looked into sources playing a role.

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #1,986 of 2,101
You'll more than likely need 2-3 to handle everything. As you probably know, metal is mastered and recorded under every conceivable quality level. 1 will only be middling at best. A compromise. I have what is perfect (so far) for me but it takes 4 main IEM's. And all but 1 are single DD's. I used to own mest mk2.
Also, investing in an r2r dac may help soften and naturalize delivery, if you haven't looked into sources playing a role.
Yes your statement about mastering and recording is very on point.
These 4 are I assume the softears turiis, nightjar singularity, and rhapsodio Eden? What would you favour with, say, a death or thrash metal record with rather raw production?
And no I haven't checked into sources yet.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #1,987 of 2,101
Yes your statement about mastering and recording is very on point.
These 4 are I assume the softears turiis, nightjar singularity, and rhapsodio Eden? What would you favour with, say, a death or thrash metal record with rather raw production?
And no I haven't checked into sources yet.
Oh, for my preferences, I use Eden, Turii OG, Turii Ti, and Fir Kr5 for metal. 3x single DD's and the hybrid.
Singularity is a little too thin and bright up top and the lower mids aren't meaty enough. But I am finding some good synergies with some records lately. I've started using it more with metal as I try to adapt to more difficult material, recording wise. It and Turii OG are the closest to mest mkii in tuning.

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #1,988 of 2,101
Neon Pro has more relaxed treble than Mest Mk2, but is not relaxed really. It has a lot of treble too, not piercing or annoying, but is has.

Maybe the AuR Aurora is better for that, if you want more relaxed treble.

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #1,989 of 2,101
Maybe Dunu Zen Pro is a option

Oct 19, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #1,990 of 2,101
Maybe Dunu Zen Pro is a option
Maybe. Personally, I didn't care for it all that much. Had some unnatural somewhat overloaded upper mids and the treble was distractingly grainy. Bass was nice and bouncy. Fairly quick and nimble, iirc. It's been almost 2 years since I owned Zen Pro and I only had it for a few weeks.
In the same price bracket I'd grab Softears Twilight.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,991 of 2,101
if you have 84£ /99$ lying around you might want to check the RE800. I think they work pretty well for metal. I mainly listen to Dream Theater/Epica/Nightwish/Dimmu Borgir. So things with plenty of instruments. The RE800 dissect everything wonderfully. They've got some magic

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #1,992 of 2,101
if you have 84£ /99$ lying around you might want to check the RE800. I think they work pretty well for metal. I mainly listen to Dream Theater/Epica/Nightwish/Dimmu Borgir. So things with plenty of instruments. The RE800 dissect everything wonderfully. They've got some magic
Venture electronics SIE!
What do you think @Leonarfd ?

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #1,993 of 2,101
Venture electronics SIE!
What do you think @Leonarfd ?
Yup, I think so 🤔
Metal need faster drivers to not sound congested. And is lifeless if not having enough mid bass or if they lack treble. So SiE is good candidate.

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,994 of 2,101
There is no metal like Neon Pro metal 🤘🏻🎸

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #1,995 of 2,101
There is no metal like Neon Pro metal 🤘🏻🎸
We both agree there 😀

1000011700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back