IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Aug 16, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #1,966 of 2,101
It's been about 3 weeks since I received the AuR Aurora.

I still maintain that, overall, the AuR Neon Pro is the best IEM out there for rock, progressive, and metal, but these weeks I'm finding it impossible to tear myself away from these Aurora.

Its extremely natural sound, its timbre, and incredible mids that make the voices shine... yesterday I went through the discography of the early years of the Maiden with Bruce Dickinson, and it's a spectacle to hear his voice on these Aurora.

They are not the best for extreme metal (very fast), in that their older brother Neon Pro shines much more. But for progressive metal like Soen or Riverside (my favourites), and classic metal, they are incredible.

IMG_0701.jpeg

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #1,968 of 2,101
good day everyone Please advise iem for the genre melodic death metal. budget 400-500 dollars maximum. dap shanling m6 ultra.
I listen to melodeath most of the time. I have the aful performer 8 and the penon 10th anniversary. First is more neutral, better mids- nice vocals, the penon has better bass (really great), treble and soundstage, more fun tuning- minimum bass-bleed. Both are good for melodeath imo cause both are fast and detailed and have a natural tonality. Performer 8 has no problems with EQ, so you can make it more fun. (I also like the Beyerdynamics Xelento remote 1st gen for melodeath, single DD and used for around 300 euro)

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,969 of 2,101
I listen to melodeath most of the time. I have the aful performer 8 and the penon 10th anniversary. First is more neutral, better mids- nice vocals, the penon has better bass (really great), treble and soundstage, more fun tuning- minimum bass-bleed. Both are good for melodeath imo cause both are fast and detailed and have a natural tonality. Performer 8 has no problems with EQ, so you can make it more fun. (I also like the Beyerdynamics Xelento remote 1st gen for melodeath, single DD and used for around 300 euro)
thanks for the answer. please let me know if you had any inconveniences while using aful p8 in the form of earcups that remain in the ears, since the headphones do not have any elements for fixing the earcups.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #1,970 of 2,101
Th
thanks for the answer. please let me know if you had any inconveniences while using aful p8 in the form of earcups that remain in the ears, since the headphones do not have any elements for fixing the earcup
The original ones of P8 don't fit my ears, use final e clear and never had problems with them on p8. Same with spinfit cp100 plus.

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,971 of 2,101
Try the Xenns Mangird Top

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #1,972 of 2,101
Try the Xenns Mangird Top
Hi, thanx man, ya maybe one day! I was also interested in the xenns top before I decided for the 10th. Wanted a tribrid so... . At the moment I really enjoy the penon. I can listen to all genres of music (except for classical music there are better ones for sure) for metal I reduce bass (just by 1db) and I listened to melodeath, doom, metalcore, technical death, trash metal, 70's metal...everything sounds great imo. Rock ,alternative, progressive Rock are a pleasure to listen to (Audioslave, Katatonia). Rock with mongolian influence like tengger cavalry, everything like taiko sounds fantastic to my ears with the 10th.
One day when I have enough money I'll buy the aür neon pro or the xenns top, but at the moment I'm satisfied with all my headphones and iems and decided to enjoy music again and stopped searching for the "perfect one" that can do it all 100%.

Aug 30, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,973 of 2,101
Actually i Use the Airpods 2 but of course there are better solutions. I think I'll buy the Timeless AE. Or do you think it is too dark, veiled and muddy? Would you choose the original one? I think the MK2 is too big for smaller ears and the seal is the problem.

What's about the Tangzu Zetian Wu? Also a bit warm and technically a small step down in comparison to the Timeless AE? IE600? Very small with easy seal but dynamic? But i think it could be a step up? I read it is very very good for the price. Difficult decision but I think i will try the AE (maybe OG).

Sep 2, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #1,974 of 2,101
Does anyone here tried IE900 on rock/metal ?
Is it any good ?

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #1,975 of 2,101
what is the best combination of headphones and dap sony wm1am2 for metal

Sep 7, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #1,976 of 2,101
Does anyone here tried IE900 on rock/metal ?
Is it any good ?
Im using ie600 and have completely lost interest in testing other stuff.

I use it on wm1am2 with eq on 100%.

For me its perfect so far. Very confortable and punches hard for metal.

Sep 18, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #1,978 of 2,101
Really trying to decide between the Aur neon pro and the Penon 10th. Looking at used models and the neons are about $200 more. Are they that much better? I listen to mostly metal and metal core. I’m fairly new to the IEM game but have experience in full size headphones and high end car audio. Source is a fiio m11s.

Sep 18, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #1,979 of 2,101
Really trying to decide between the Aur neon pro and the Penon 10th. Looking at used models and the neons are about $200 more. Are they that much better? I listen to mostly metal and metal core. I’m fairly new to the IEM game but have experience in full size headphones and high end car audio. Source is a fiio m11s.
Neon Pro, all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back