IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Jun 27, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,217 of 2,093
Was just about to pull the trigger on some UM Mest Mk2 ,when I found some 64 Audio Tia Fourte for a real good price anyone listened to the Fourte with metal .

Also been tossing up between the Mest Mk2 and U12T till my head hurts , someone has said if i want more clinical sound go for U12T and for more fun sound go with the Mest Mk2 what is peoples opinion on this

Jun 27, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #1,218 of 2,093
Was just about to pull the trigger on some UM Mest Mk2 ,when I found some 64 Audio Tia Fourte for a real good price anyone listened to the Fourte with metal .

Also been tossing up between the Mest Mk2 and U12T till my head hurts , someone has said if i want more clinical sound go for U12T and for more fun sound go with the Mest Mk2 what is peoples opinion on this
I'm a big fan of the Fourte, also with metal, but it is quite controversial. Some find it bright and weird sounding in the mids. I love the bass, the detail retrieval, and I can listen to it for hours. Certainly among my favorite IEMs. But because opinions tend to vary widely I would suggest a demo first, or be OK with buying/trying/reselling strategy (which I think is fairly low risk, if you can get it for a good price).

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #1,219 of 2,093

If you are comfortable with selling stuff then get the U12T and then sell it after a few days,
it's a great iem, but not for a daily drive,

Think of it like this,
a fancy 5 star restaurant menu,
it have a really nice ingredients and taste very good, but it lacks something for a daily meal,
d400de18066e2a15fd2b34c779db9441.jpg

As for the Fourte,
it like a pineapple pizza,
people will judge you if you like it,
you will judge people if they like it,
but deep down in your heart, honestly you really love it, the sour and sweetness of a caramelized topping,
sure it is hard to getting used to if you never tasted it,
but once you do, there is no coming back,
hawaiian-pizza-olive-oil-base-03-683x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #1,220 of 2,093
If you are comfortable with selling stuff then get the U12T and then sell it after a few days,
it's a great iem, but not for a daily drive,

Think of it like this,
a fancy 5 star restaurant menu,
it have a really nice ingredients and taste very good, but it lacks something for a daily meal,

As for the Fourte,
it like a pineapple pizza,
people will judge you if you like it,
you will judge people if they like it,
but deep down in your heart, honestly you really love it, the sour and sweetness of a caramelized topping,
sure it is hard to getting used to if you never tasted it,
but once you do, there is no coming back,
:beyersmile: Very well done!

It depends what the local staple is, but I guess you could consider the Nio a tasty sandwich, something you can enjoy every day and with almost any genre of music, due to the tuning options that the apex modules offer. A smooth and agreeable sound signature, but far from boring.

Jun 27, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,222 of 2,093
Having quite a good time with the BL-A8 (KBear filter) and the metal genre at the moment. I've always struggled to find an IEM that gives the music enough body, impact and dynamism without being fatiguing, but I think I've found it. Tool, RATM etc all sound faithfully represented.

Jun 27, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #1,223 of 2,093
You guys trying to confuse me more with all these food comparisons my head hurts enough lmao just joking . I cant seem to make my mind up between u12t nio mest mk2 fourte and now the EE Legend X seems like its making its way on to the list as well . I liked it so much better when i could go to A2A and listen to what ever i had on a short list and let ears make the choice for me .

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #1,224 of 2,093
You guys trying to confuse me more with all these food comparisons my head hurts enough lmao just joking . I cant seem to make my mind up between u12t nio mest mk2 fourte and now the EE Legend X seems like its making its way on to the list as well . I liked it so much better when i could go to A2A and listen to what ever i had on a short list and let ears make the choice for me .

I had the Mest MK2 for a time, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice for metal. It was great with ambient/electronic though.

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #1,225 of 2,093
Some imho great choices for metal: CFA Andro 2020 or Dorado 2020, Empire Ears Bravado MKii.

The u12t puts me to sleep (though it's technically capable it's kind of the oatmeal of IEMs...inoffensive but not that exciting either)...I found the MEST Mk ii kind of bland an uninspired. YMMV and all that.

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,226 of 2,093
Some imho great choices for metal: CFA Andro 2020 or Dorado 2020, Empire Ears Bravado MKii.

The u12t puts me to sleep (though it's technically capable it's kind of the oatmeal of IEMs...inoffensive but not that exciting either)...I found the MEST Mk ii kind of bland an uninspired. YMMV and all that.

What's your opinion about the Oriolus Isabellae? Does the Isa also works well with metal and rock?

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,227 of 2,093
What's your opinion about the Oriolus Isabellae? Does the Isa also works well with metal and rock?

Yes...honestly it works well with everything except particularly bass heavy stuff. Listening to Kill 'Em All right now on Isa and it sounds glorious.

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,229 of 2,093
Wow, fast answer. :)

Nice to hear, but it seems you prefer CFA Andro 2020 or Dorado 2020, Empire Ears Bravado MKii for this genre?

Andro for the speed that a BA setup can bring...and Dorado & Bravado for the thump in the kick drum. Isa wonderful too and the only reason I didn't mention it as I as in the midst of a Dorado listening phase yesterday and it slipped my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back