IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #136 of 2,099
Anybody using Topping D10s + L30 dac/amp? I was about to get one after hours and hours of research but some one just tested out Opeth - Masters Apprentice for me on them and said they sounded muddy for metal. It's a bummer cuz I've finally picked them out from all the rest and now this!! Any opinions for budget dac/amp which can play both high and low impedance is welcome. Will be playing some heavy death/blackened death/ black/doom metal. Detailed lively sound with good instrument seperation even on the most busy tracks is my thing. I use iem's mostly and headphones at time. Not looking for a dap or USB dac, portable dac/amp. Only looking for a desktop setup. Thanks for reading. Up the horns!

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #138 of 2,099
Any recommendations for something relatively comfortable and under $200? It'll be ran through a Chord Mojo, if it matters much.

Thx in advance!
Tanchjim Oxygen, BGVP VG-4 is just above 200 but defenitely worth taking a look.

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #139 of 2,099
Hey all, I'm looking for good IEMs to listen to metal music.
I formerly had some beyerdynamic Byron but they died on me, so I'm looking to upgrade from there.

I'm looking for something easy to drive with a smartphone as the Byrons were used for commute and sometimes meetings during said commutes.
I listen mostly to Parkway Drive, Slipknot, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Korn, and also older stuff like As Blood Runs Black, Bring Me The Horizon (< 2010).

I've tested my wife's KZ AS10, so I already know that it does fit me well, but I think the Byrons were a touch better than the AS10s

I'm willing to budget around 300€ on this.
According to reviews, the Moondrop Blessing 2 looked nice for that price point but I have no way of testing them nearby, and I haven't seen a metal lover recommending them so far. What do you guys think ?

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #140 of 2,099
Hey all, I'm looking for good IEMs to listen to metal music.
I formerly had some beyerdynamic Byron but they died on me, so I'm looking to upgrade from there.

I'm looking for something easy to drive with a smartphone as the Byrons were used for commute and sometimes meetings during said commutes.
I listen mostly to Parkway Drive, Slipknot, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Korn, and also older stuff like As Blood Runs Black, Bring Me The Horizon (< 2010).

I've tested my wife's KZ AS10, so I already know that it does fit me well, but I think the Byrons were a touch better than the AS10s

I'm willing to budget around 300€ on this.
According to reviews, the Moondrop Blessing 2 looked nice for that price point but I have no way of testing them nearby, and I haven't seen a metal lover recommending them so far. What do you guys think ?
B2 is superb for metal, I listen to TDEP and it sounds ****ing amazing. That said, I'm 35 and my hearing is definitely not all there. They MAY be fatiguing. They're not sibilant, just quite bright.

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #141 of 2,099
B2 is superb for metal, I listen to TDEP and it sounds ****ing amazing. That said, I'm 35 and my hearing is definitely not all there. They MAY be fatiguing. They're not sibilant, just quite bright.

Love the blessing 2 for death metal (clean sonic onslaught) . Anything slower, I'll take other options though -- not enough weight for Messhugah (shouty there) and Electric Wizard.

Sep 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #145 of 2,099
What would you recommend in such case?

Hey man, I'm currently checking out the LZ-A7 page. One of the early reviews rank it higher than blessing 2. "God of multi- genre" which is somewhat of a mystery to some if not most iem makers because they only know the shartman target.

Asbloodrunsblack sounds vicious on the blessing 2, but it feels too much of a 1 trick pony in regards to other genres of metal. I say this as an actual guitar player. Other people base their music off of earphones, I'm a bit of that and basing off my hearing from actually owning music creating gear.

I'd bet on the LZ-A7. It's going to be more promising. Blessing 2 is studying music, my suggestion is closer to feeling it

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #146 of 2,099
Hey man, I'm currently checking out the LZ-A7 page. One of the early reviews rank it higher than blessing 2. "God of multi- genre" which is somewhat of a mystery to some if not most iem makers because they only know the shartman target. Asbloodrunsblack sounds vicious on the blessing 2, but it feels too much of a 1 trick pony in regards to other genres of metal. I say this as an actual guitar player. Other people base their music off of earphones, I'm a bit of that and basing off my hearing from actually owning music creating gear. I'd bet on the LZ-A7. It's going to be more promising. Blessing 2 is studying music, my suggestion is closer to feeling it
Hey man, I'm currently checking out the LZ-A7 page. One of the early reviews rank it higher than blessing 2. "God of multi- genre" which is somewhat of a mystery to some if not most iem makers because they only know the shartman target. Asbloodrunsblack sounds vicious on the blessing 2, but it feels too much of a 1 trick pony in regards to other genres of metal. I say this as an actual guitar player. Other people base their music off of earphones, I'm a bit of that and basing off my hearing from actually owning music creating gear. I'd bet on the LZ-A7. It's going to be more promising. Blessing 2 is studying music, my suggestion is closer to feeling it

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #147 of 2,099
Hey man, I'm currently checking out the LZ-A7 page. One of the early reviews rank it higher than blessing 2. "God of multi- genre" which is somewhat of a mystery to some if not most iem makers because they only know the shartman target.

Asbloodrunsblack sounds vicious on the blessing 2, but it feels too much of a 1 trick pony in regards to other genres of metal. I say this as an actual guitar player. Other people base their music off of earphones, I'm a bit of that and basing off my hearing from actually owning music creating gear.

I'd bet on the LZ-A7. It's going to be more promising. Blessing 2 is studying music, my suggestion is closer to feeling it
If you end up getting these pls share your opinion of them with metal, all sub genres death/black/doom/thrash/heavy metal. I am interested in A7 but spend enuff for now so waiting for reviews as I save up for my next purchase.

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #148 of 2,099
If you end up getting these pls share your opinion of them with metal, all sub genres death/black/doom/thrash/heavy metal. I am interested in A7 but spend enuff for now so waiting for reviews as I save up for my next purchase.

Yeah. I was looking at other options till LZ came back into the picture. I was, for the longest time, enamored by the LZ-A4 since it played everything so well (and enjoyably).

I can't promise anything ( covid fear and all)... and the other gear that recently got my attention is the upcoming portable tube amp by Cayin...

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #149 of 2,099
What you guys think about ISN H40 and Penon Orb?
Even am curious about these two. I bet they pack a punch but not sure if they are fast enough for metal especially extreme metal

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #150 of 2,099
Yeah. I was looking at other options till LZ came back into the picture. I was, for the longest time, enamored by the LZ-A4 since it played everything so well (and enjoyably).

I can't promise anything ( covid fear and all)... and the other gear that recently got my attention is the upcoming portable tube amp by Cayin...
I had read a lotta good stuff about A6 infact almost got one but came to know about their moisture issue at the last min. Having had to go thru the same issue previously with some of my iem's I chucked the whole plan, Now since everyone is going thru their A7 honeymoon period, there is a lotta hype. Hate the looks honestly but if it sounds good and fits comfortably then I can live with it. Need some reviews from someone who listens to all sub genres of metal to get to a conclusion first. It's a lotta money for my pocket so have to be sure about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back