IEM for hip-hop and rap!
Jun 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

indy1314

Head-Fier
I am using fuze and ipod classic.
What iem should i get for this gener of music.
I am considering on good SQ and bass.
My budget is around $250
Do westone um3x or westone 3 good for listening to hip-hop and rap?

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 13
Sennheiser IE7, IE8 has rich warm sound signature with wide soundstage and both are very good for these genres.

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
For rap, MTPG for around that price or go 1/3 the price and get some Atrio Xs (which I actually prefer over the Golds or Coppers).

Do you work for Future Sonics or something?  I haven't seen you post 1 single post that didn't have the words Atrio or Future Sonics (or similar) in it.  If you aren't suggesting the Atrio X (or saying you prefer Atrios to something), you are suggesting the MG5...

@OP: As stated before: Turbine Golds, IE8s (or sevens) seem to be the best for bass (as stated by numerous Hi-Fiers).  I haven't heard to any since I'm broke :p

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you work for Future Sonics or something?  I haven't seen you post 1 single post that didn't have the words Atrio or Future Sonics (or similar) in it.  If you aren't suggesting the Atrio X (or saying you prefer Atrios to something), you are suggesting the MG5...

Nope...if you look at anything I've posted prior to a week and a half ago, I would have been suggesting other IEMs.  I can understand it may look that way however.  :)  I purchased both the X and the MG7 version of the M5...and ultimately kept the X.  Price to performance ratio is in my wheelhouse.  I've tried virtually every bass oriented headphone under 150 bucks and decided on the X and since no one else has a pair on these forums, I pimp them accordingly.

And since we've had about three or four threads in the past few days asking about hip/hop and rap IEMs around 100 bucks...they are a no-brainer in my opinion.  The guy that created the thread about headphones for metal...I stayed out of because the X isn't a metal headphone in my estimation.

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 13
UM3x is neutral and SE530 is mid centric, so no they are not rap-centric IEMs

the UM3x would work with rap, but there are other iems such as the Monster Copper or Golds or IE8 or Westone 3 which work better for the genre. So cross those out

Quote:
i read some thread, and find couple iem's are good for rap.
sennheiser ie8
westone um3x
shure 530

which one is better, or any other suggestion.

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
UM3x is neutral and SE530 is mid centric, so no they are not rap-centric IEMs

the UM3x would work with rap, but there are other iems such as the Monster Copper or Golds or IE8 or Westone 3 which work better for the genre. So cross those out

Can you do comparsion on ie8, westone 3, golds and copper.
Thank you!!

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 13
Would be best to consult the reviews in this forum for those, but I'll give a short roundup

IE8 - mid bass heavy, huge soundstage and very fun sound signature, shallow insertion so very tip dependent, might not isolate as well as the rest. Upgradable cables are great!

W3 - I have personally not heard these but they are said to be V-curved so very emphasized bass and treble. I cannot comment further though but since I have the UM3x, I am thinking these would be the Pop/Rap/Hiphop versions of these

MTPG - These are probably the best candidates for rap with the huge but still very controlled bass (probably the most out of these 4) and it has the right amount of detail for the vocals. Not as detailed as the MTPC but for solely rap and hip hop it will come down to this and the IE8.

MTPC - The best all rounder out of the 4, right amounts of quality bass although probably less than the other 3, not bloated and controlled, detailed and is the best all rounder out of these. Great mids which complement the bass well and smooth and non fatiguing treble. If you listen to other genres other than rap then these would be the best imo as they perform well with anything you throw at it.

Quote:
Can you do comparsion on ie8, westone 3, golds and copper.
Thank you!!

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 13
i think i am getting the monster pro copper.
If i only use ipc or fuze, it is good enough to burn in this iem. Do i need a amp.( if yes, any suggestion? )
Do pro copper perform differently thru ipc and fuze? 

Quote:
Would be best to consult the reviews in this forum for those, but I'll give a short roundup

IE8 - mid bass heavy, huge soundstage and very fun sound signature, shallow insertion so very tip dependent, might not isolate as well as the rest. Upgradable cables are great!

W3 - I have personally not heard these but they are said to be V-curved so very emphasized bass and treble. I cannot comment further though but since I have the UM3x, I am thinking these would be the Pop/Rap/Hiphop versions of these

MTPG - These are probably the best candidates for rap with the huge but still very controlled bass (probably the most out of these 4) and it has the right amount of detail for the vocals. Not as detailed as the MTPC but for solely rap and hip hop it will come down to this and the IE8.

MTPC - The best all rounder out of the 4, right amounts of quality bass although probably less than the other 3, not bloated and controlled, detailed and is the best all rounder out of these. Great mids which complement the bass well and smooth and non fatiguing treble. If you listen to other genres other than rap then these would be the best imo as they perform well with anything you throw at it.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 13

In my experience they love power so amping really helps with these, but they should work well on either of those players :)

They should sound a bit different as each player has its own sound signature. Burning in the IEM shouldnt be a problem using any player, just leave them playing with anything for a day or so and you should be good to go for the most part :) they will open up as well as you use them normally
Quote:
i think i am getting the monster pro copper.
If i only use ipc or fuze, it is good enough to burn in this iem. Do i need a amp.( if yes, any suggestion? )
Do pro copper perform differently thru ipc and fuze? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back