IEM for around 50$ for metal music
Mar 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kunalv

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post here . I would like to buy a pair of IEMs for about 50$ . The music i listen to is mainly metal , bands like Kalmah , Nile , Meshuggah , Decapitated , Opeth etc ..
I am looking for a good amount of bass as im a big sucker for the double bass blast beats . I am not familiar with the terms Soundstage , highs , lows , mids etc .. But i do realize when an IEM sounds good .

Also , the build quality has to be strong . Reason being , im from India and i plan to use it amidst all the rush
biggrin.gif

Suggestions would be nice
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 9
this site might actually be useful for getting local rates :). also for metal, i'd second the BW M2 and meelec M6

Mar 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
this site might actually be useful for getting local rates :). also for metal, i'd second the BW M2 and meelec M6

Thanks for the replies . My brother's based in LA . He'll be getting em when he comes down here in April.

Okay , so i read some reviews about the BW M2 and Meelec M6 , but i can't choose between them . Which one should i go for? If there is any other IEM , i would be glad to check that out as well . Currently , im shortlisting these 2.

Thanks

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Thanks for the replies . My brother's based in LA . He'll be getting em when he comes down here in April.

Okay , so i read some reviews about the BW M2 and Meelec M6 , but i can't choose between them . Which one should i go for? If there is any other IEM , i would be glad to check that out as well . Currently , im shortlisting these 2.

Thanks

^this actually opens up a couple more options for you in that price range: NuForce NE-7M/ NE-6 and Maximo iM-590.

Personally though, i'd go for the M2- apart from average soundstage, there is not much wrong with these for the price they're currently going for ~$45. and they perform quite well with death metal :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #9 of 9
I have the Xears TD-II's and they're terrific for metal, by far the best "metal" headphones I've used.  I almost think they were designed for it.  Build quality isn't as strong as on a lot of IEM's, though, so not sure if they'd work for you (though I use them on the NYC subway every day, no problems so far).  You might also consider the Visang R02/03 (aka Brainwavz ProAlpha/M2). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back