Iem and headphone recommendations for classical music ~1000usd
Feb 4, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 17
For classical music i would recommend the Sennheiser HD 800S and the Hifiman HE 1000 V2. They are over your budget when new. But used or open box, they are two top performers in my opinion.
Thanks for your recs. I have to say I've never really got on with the HD800 or 800s but I'll definitely try out the HE1000 V2 at some point - seems to be well recommended by many. Much appreciated!

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #17 of 17
Thanks for your recs. I have to say I've never really got on with the HD800 or 800s but I'll definitely try out the HE1000 V2 at some point - seems to be well recommended by many. Much appreciated!
Youre welcome.

The HE1000V2 has got a large soundstage with a nice and full bodied sound and slightly extended highs. It is very comfortable and well build. You will need a strong amp to run them really nice.

Another headphone that i have got at home and like to listen to classical music is the Beyerdynamic T1 FIRST edition. It is very important to choose the first and maybe the second edition. The third and actually avaiable edition is really bad. The first mentioned are often found on a very good price, second handed. But you will also need a very good amplifier because they are 600 ohm headphones.

The AKG K812 are also afordable plus they have a detailed sound with a big soundstage. Ialso had them. They can even get run on a phone with its 35 ohm.

I know, many recommendations, but i hope, it can help you in finding a nice headphone for classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back