ie8 or monster turbine or hippo vb
Sep 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

--connor--

New Head-Fier
I want tonnes of bass. I want my ear canals to really tickle from bass. But i don't know which ones to get. I would also like a fairly average (or better) all round sound stage but im concentrating on the bass. I've been comparing the mt and the hippo vb's and then i stumbled across a deal on the ie8's for £135 (from a very legit website, so i'm pretty certain they won't be fakes www.play.com) and was wondering if these will have enough bass and if i should stretch my price range to get these because i won't have the oppotunity to get them at this price again. Any opinions?

Sep 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 14
how many threads do you have to create that pretty much contains the same thing?

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 14
I do go with Turbines if i were you, Just a personal preference since be it the clothes that cut the type of sound Turbines and Pro Golds or the ones towards MD and Copper's "Light and Darkness" it all surprisingly fit my preference well which led me over to Monster's side despite the Beats Controversies.

And Back to the topic my bad - Afterall the 3 you picked all have varying bass presentation, all who received praises to a certain degree. So it only falls on your preference of sound signature that you want to a delicate extent, Though IF you can get good deals on at least to stretch up to the Turbine Pro Golds from the Normal Turbines, Trust me, They will be very good with Powerful concentration on bass that does'nt sounds / tackles artificial feel compared to most others on its current price range.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 14
If what you want is tons of unrelenting bass, then IE8 is the right choice. But the IE8s are also considered to be good with most genre of music. Good all rounders.

But be warned, they need lots of burn in time. Mine has been burning in for a few weeks now...and still a long way to go.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Have you heard DDM?

DDM really performs superb for their price, only waste is the isolation that lets down at least for me, otherwise they will easily top the ranks =)

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Well, if its isolation that keeping the DDMs from reaching their full potential, the IE8s won't be much better. haha
My policy is don't knock it till you try it. Which is why I owned two pairs of Bose sets. And yes, as long as you compare them to 
nothing else, you'd be happy. But realized how rubbish they were once I bought my SE530s. Sold them both off after that and bought
the IE8 with the money I got. 

I used to like Bose, but now I avoid them like the devil. They do suck. 

Don't knock it till you try it. But don't try it if you think the cost will be too much. hahaha
I'm giving strings of bad advice now. I'd say try the DDM if you can try them at your convenience.
But if not, then stick with your best options and keep the candidates low in number. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back