IE8,Monster miles davis,shure 840 or M50
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

keyvanoroozi

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,i sepnt a lot of time to have some informations on IEM's such as sennheiser IE8,monster miles davis and closed headphones like shure 840 and Audio technica ath m50,i'd like some good IEM's to listen to hip-hop rap,RNB jazz,i really want a clear and natural sound,good bass(like monster beats if possible) and a good soundstage,that's why i first chose IEM's but nthat's really too expensive so i wanted to know the difference between these IEM's and these headphones is big or not,whatever,if someone can give advices,i'd really appreciate it thanks

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 6
No, you will prefer the sound of the headphones more if you are concerned about cost rather than application.  I love my MD's for when I   need IEM's but my M50's (Bass tuned and modded) sound better.  I can't imagine Shure 840's for rap and Hip/Hop.  Consider Sennheiser HD25's also if you don't mind an on ear phone thats also more portable.

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Lol i see so you mean ath m50 sound better than MD,that's preety weird if you compare prices but thanks that's cool,except it,i found sennheiser IE8 for 180 euros,so beetween m50 which are 145 euros and IE8 for 180 euros what would you advice me??

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Well my M50's cost me $98 US, pretty simple math to me.  M50s perform above their price point.  You shouldn't be surprised, its a lot harder to make an IEM that sticks inside your ear sound good rather than a giant can that sits on your head.  Since I like my MD's you won't find me recommending IE8's over them.  A lot of people ditched IE8's for Coppers.  All a matter of personal preference but when it comes down to it, the bigger the driver you can go with will yield the biggest potential sound quality advantage.  Simple physics.

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah i understand cause what amazes me is that ath m50 sound better than IE8's that should cost 300 euros while m50 is 145 euros,i mean that's weird as I said but you listened to them so i trust you lol,except it,i saw denon nc732 do you have informations on this can??

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 6
I have no Denon knowledge except some limited knowledge of receivers.  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back