iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Mar 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,731 of 4,252

I am confused right now. They specifically state that update iFi_XMOS_V5.2B is strictly for smartphones users only. And yet it fixes an issue desktop users have, while the non-b version doesn't fix it?

That's the bloody thing, it disabled it from going into sleep mode (aka you have to turn it off manually yourself every time nothing is playing through it.)

So why it's stated for smartphone users only is beyond me. It's worked flawlessly in my application, especially since I play games. having sound cut out like that is unacceptable. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2,732 of 4,252
  That's the bloody thing, it disabled it from going into sleep mode (aka you have to turn it off manually yourself every time nothing is playing through it.)

So why it's stated for smartphone users only is beyond me. It's worked flawlessly in my application, especially since I play games. having sound cut out like that is unacceptable. 

Yeah, I was gonna say. The "smartphone users only" version broke more than it fixed. I downgraded to the non-B version. Yes there's the 1 second silence at the start during videos/media, but other than that it works very fine. I guess they will fix it eventually. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #2,735 of 4,252
I'm having the same issues with the audio un mute issue.
Foobar2k, YouTube and mpc player experienced this problem. I am really tempted to install the b firmware version.
Is there no way for the idsd to distinguish between mobile phone platforms to PC, Mac or Linux so that corresponding actions can be triggered?

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #2,736 of 4,252
Foobar2k, YouTube and mpc player experienced this problem. I am really tempted to install the b firmware version.
Is there no way for the idsd to distinguish between mobile phone platforms to PC, Mac or Linux so that corresponding actions can be triggered?

I think all we can do is ask them to code a firmware that does just that.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2,737 of 4,252
To what I understand, the "B" prevents the unit from going to sleep after sometime. This avoids two problems
1. Charging through the source it is plugged to
2. Avoids an initial silence

In any firmware [B or no B], if you turn on the unit after you have plugged to the source, it will still gets power from the source. If you want the iFi unit to drain on it's own power, you have to turn on the unit before connecting to the source. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,738 of 4,252
As others have stated, the B version will keep the iDSD from sleeping and therefore charging from the phone (and any other USB connection).  This will only apply if the iDSD is powered up before connecting to the source, and for as long as the iDSD remains powered up.  If the iDSD is turned off while still connected to a phone, then it will charge from the phone's battery, thus draining the phone.

I'd sent my demo iDSD Black Label off to the next user last week and, other than the one second or so mute at the beginning of a newly selected track, thought its performance was nothing less than spectacular.  I'll have my review up shortly, but for now all I'll say is WOW!

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #2,739 of 4,252

I am confused right now. They specifically state that update iFi_XMOS_V5.2B is strictly for smartphones users only. And yet it fixes an issue desktop users have, while the non-b version doesn't fix it?

Probably does, i havent noticed any delays on foobar when I was on 5.0 firmware (Windows 10). 

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,740 of 4,252
My IDSD BL review is up , thanx again to @iFi audio @iFi-Audio  for setting up the EU demo tour

great job guys

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews/18154

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,741 of 4,252
My iDSD write up is ready too, and in a couple days, I'm packing it up and head to CanJam SG, and you guys feel free to join any gatherings there and find me, I will let anybody try it before handing it back to the distro

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2,742 of 4,252
My iDSD write up is ready too, and in a couple days, I'm packing it up and head to CanJam SG, and you guys feel free to join any gatherings there and find me, I will let anybody try it before handing it back to the distro

I'm sure the iFi will have a booth there too! I will be in Johore during that weekend. So sad :frowning2: wanted to visit iFi and CIEM companies on the event to try out new things but oh well

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,743 of 4,252
I'm sure the iFi will have a booth there too! I will be in Johore during that weekend. So sad :frowning2: wanted to visit iFi and CIEM companies on the event to try out new things but oh well

I'm holding their BL demo unit lol, at least 1 of them, its from Stereo (SG audio company)

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,745 of 4,252

Please do. While we originally added firmware subversion 5.xB for smartphone users, if you have problems with sleep mode in your system, changing to version 5.2B (current stable version) will address this as well.

No, USB is a "device agnostic" protocol, it is not possible to determine what is on the "other side" of the USB within USB standard compliant systems.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back