iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Mar 3, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #2,717 of 4,252
"my other dacs" being?
Anything would probably sound better than what I have now really, fairly new to the HiFi scene, my LgV20 has a quad dac that I thought was the cats meow, and my old FiiO E18. Using the iDSD BL mostly off my Lgv20, and bummed that I lost one of the buttons at the bottom already removing the huge rubber band.. :frowning2: (iE Match) probably for the best, last night I accidentally switched it on to Ultra Sensitivity and thought something was wrong with the volume before finding out the switch was moved. Any other solutions besides them bug rubber bands? They're kind of awkward to use.
Edit: Might have found my answer here -----> http://www.head-fi.org/t/599982/silicone-amp-straps
Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #2,718 of 4,252
Anything would probably sound better than what I have now really, fairly new to the HiFi scene, my LgV20 has a quad dac that I thought was the cats meow, and my old FiiO E18. Using the iDSD BL mostly off my Lgv20, and bummed that I lost one of the buttons at the bottom already removing the huge rubber band..
frown.gif
(iE Match) probably for the best, last night I accidentally switched it on to Ultra Sensitivity and thought something was wrong with the volume before finding out the switch was moved. Any other solutions besides them bug rubber bands? They're kind of awkward to use.
Edit: Might have found my answer here
> http://www.head-fi.org/t/599982/silicone-amp-straps
Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This is the problem we're all facing regardless of the device used. I used to have my Fiio E18 taped to my phone's case which made for a pretty tidy stack but had its own problems (dac taped to the phone). I'd love for V-Moda to release a more universal Metallo case that's compatible with something more than SGS3 and Iphone 5.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #2,720 of 4,252
my small review for the demo idsd bl is almost ready , should put it up early next week

i loved it , great job ifi 
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #2,722 of 4,252
  Watching a movie, pause it, play again, and the first second is muted. Is this normal and if not can it be fixed? 

However, with Foobar and WASAPI I have no problem at all, so that's good.

Folks, please do not forget to update the firmware of this device to the iFi_XMOS_V5.2B for it to have no delays (Audio does not kick in until 1-2 seconds after a sound is emitted by windows) whatsoever whilst using it as a pure desktop DAC/AMP

It was driving me insane using windows 10 until I found out it auto sleeps every bloody second to save power.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #2,724 of 4,252

Thanks guys. I currently live in Greece but at some point I'd probably like to get it fixed. Right now none of my HP's actually require the IEMatch, plus I can't really stop listening to this thing, so .. later:)

I've got the DSD512 upscale working in Foobar, and my MP3's sound best I've ever heard them. Here's a screenshot of the updated foo_dsd_asio (ASIO Proxy 0.9.2) config, in case it helps anyone:

(native .dsd playback is currently foo-bared in foobar, i think they are working to fix it)

Also I feel like the iDSD plays a little louder when connected to a powered USB 3.0 hub?

Also, could please anyone explain how is the actual DSD data stream converted to audio signals in the iDSD micro? Is that going throught the Burr-Brown as well, and if yes, how is that different from PCM? Many thanks!

EDIT: so I see it's a single (doubled) DSD1793 DAC chip which handles both PCM and DSD -- my question is more of ---> does it handle DSD and PCM via separate logic inside the chip, or it's basically a single convertor inside? Do these 2 input formats take a completely separate IC path inside the chip? --- I keep on reading the various threads about iDSD so I may eventually find it somewhere, anyway, feel free to chime in:)

Does this foobar plugin increase sound quality? 

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,725 of 4,252
Mar 5, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #2,726 of 4,252
Does this foobar plugin increase sound quality? 

Yes, in terms that DSD is a better quality than PCM in some* ways. To me thought, DSD took up a lot of space from harddisk.

No if you expect it to improve performance of headphones/dac/amp. EQ will help fine tuning minor part of a FR to make it louder or softer but won't help with soundstage & intrumental separation (unless if it's the FR that gave that perception imo).

Just my 2 cents. Take it with pinch of salt :wink:

Bilson

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,728 of 4,252
If you connect this to your computer, and it is not on, does it charge? The LED is blinking red for me right now. 

It's gone flat.

Leave it plugged in and turned off for a while.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #2,729 of 4,252
  If you connect this to your computer, and it is not on, does it charge? The LED is blinking red for me right now. 

Think the instructions are to turn it off before connecting to PC, weird thing for me is that even after the firmware update to B is that my phone charges the iDSD BL at night if I leave it connected..lol, think it's my smartphone usb connection default, I can't shake it! My God though, seems like this amp is getting better and better with use, was wondering if the coin dropped on this baby was worth it but no longer, a true high end amp indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back