iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Jul 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #1,606 of 4,252
Do you have to continue charging the idsd micro even if blue light is off? Just charged for 3 hours

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #1,607 of 4,252
Usually with a brand new battery operated device the charger will go to trickle charge mode just before battery reaches full operating voltage. Just charge a bit longer and the new battery will refresh better in the long run. By the third charge cycle the battery reaches full storage capacity.  This has been my experience in general. However these are new devices that did not have a chance to sit in storage so you may be able to use it sooner.  Also do not completely discharge the battery like no more than 3/4 for maximum battery life if possible.  I am sure that the micro has a safety feature to turn off before the battery reaches full discharge. Have fun!

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,608 of 4,252
Do you have to continue charging the idsd micro even if blue light is off? Just charged for 3 hours

When Blue LED is off, that means you got the 100% charge.  Took mine about 3 hours using an iPhone charger + the blue USB cable, as well. That done, internal battery should be all set to deliver 100% or very close to that.  Fun Begins.   

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,610 of 4,252

Lucky… can't wait for mine 
biggrin.gif
!! What will you be using them with?

Just Adam A7X and Audeze, there are others but this are the ones I like the most.    Pair it with my Modified HA22Tube Hybrid as I do with other DACS.  Apps JRiver MC19 in a Mac Mini and rMBP.  Blue LED out, been playing both DSD and DXD natively.  Many functions to discover, try, and learn to make things work the Best for my set-up.  I'm a Happy Camper, so far!

Oh yeah, there were some instance of gibberish -- not sure what it was. No Biggie!  I just restarted MC19 made sure setting was right and all is Great! 

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #1,611 of 4,252

A feast of combination indeed. Hope you're good with patience. lol

Anyway folks, if you are on the newer jriver mc19 version, do check whether you are encountering any bugs which produce a hiss whilst upsampling to dsd. you can check the jriver forums for details. Thanks john57 for highlighting here.

No Hiss at all - very quiet so far.   Try checking cables/connections or maybe power, or power source of other components if a desktop set-up.  Oh yeah, I don't IEM, as some have indicated maybe a sensitive IEM but I think that this IDSD should manage that with iE Match.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #1,612 of 4,252
Just Adam A7X and Audeze, there are others but this are the ones I like the most.    Pair it with my Modified HA22Tube Hybrid as I do with other DACS.  Apps JRiver MC19 in a Mac Mini and rMBP.  Blue LED out, been playing both DSD and DXD natively.  Many functions to discover, try, and learn to make things work the Best for my set-up.  I'm a Happy Camper, so far!

Oh yeah, there were some instance of gibberish -- not sure what it was. No Biggie!  I just restarted MC19 made sure setting was right and all is Great! 

Can't wait for your impressions/review!! Please evaluate PCM performance too and also as a complete DAC/amp… Also, if its not too much trouble, please post your comparisons between the nano iDSD, Chord Hugo, and micro iDSD in at least the DAC section. If only you had the Cypher Labs stuff and some expensive DAPs and you'd have everything we need to pit against the micro iDSD. Good luck and enjoy!!

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #1,613 of 4,252
Just started listening to it, less than 15 mins of hearing, at least twice as clear as the idsd nano. Test music is old skool of rock 2. Preamp is very good, using the rca. xbass is good, the 3d for speakers doesn't seems to work too well for my dipole speakers

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #1,614 of 4,252
Just started listening to it, less than 15 mins of hearing, at least twice as clear as the idsd nano. Test music is old skool of rock 2. Preamp is very good, using the rca. xbass is good, the 3d for speakers doesn't seems to work too well for my dipole speakers

What are you using them with!! I can't for your impressions/review too hehe

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #1,615 of 4,252
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,618 of 4,252
  How many Drivers does it take to operate in "Bit Perfect" mode?

http://ifi-audio.com/download/

In the above link of the iFi Driver it recommends an ASIO Driver but does not list it.
Are we suppose to use the one from the "MP3 To DSD" PDF. ?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_asio/

http://ASIOProxyInstall-0.7.1.2.zip

You should get both of those...   the first one is the actual ASIO driver for the Ifi hardware...  the second one is the add on for the MP3 to DSD for JRiver and Foobar... 
Glad you reminded me of these... I need to configure my laptop now... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back