iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Jul 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,591 of 4,252
  I noticed that you have the audio-technica headphone Tube amplifier AT-HA22TUBE as well.
When I get my micro I have  many things to explore.  So many combinations of  tube, solid state amps, active monitors and headphones to try.

Currently I am trying to work with the J.River developers to fix a certain issue with DSD playback that needs to be fixed.

It's a modified HA22Tube. Listening to DSD/DXD via MC19, with the XC, and Adam A7X.  Got the Nano, Hugo, and waiting on the Geeks. The New iFi iDSD Micro with all it's great features, excites me. Sincerest gratitude to all that contributed.  Thanks for working with JRiver to fix certain issues.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,592 of 4,252
  It's a modified HA22Tube. Listening to DSD/DXD via MC19, with the XC, and Adam A7X.  Got the Nano, Hugo, and waiting on the Geeks. The New iFi iDSD Micro with all it's great features, excites me. Sincerest gratitude to all that contributed.  Thanks for working with JRiver to fix certain issues.

Wish you a healthy dose of patience :wink:

From this thread, gathered that the hugo was designed with a "different sonic philosophy." So am rather curious to hear your impressions / contrasts with the various pieces of kit you have such as the nano, hugo, adam a7x & upsampling with the mc19.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,594 of 4,252
  I noticed that you have the audio-technica headphone Tube amplifier AT-HA22TUBE as well.
When I get my micro I have  many things to explore.  So many combinations of  tube, solid state amps, active monitors and headphones to try.

Currently I am trying to work with the J.River developers to fix a certain issue with DSD playback that needs to be fixed.

A feast of combination indeed. Hope you're good with patience. lol

Anyway folks, if you are on the newer jriver mc19 version, do check whether you are encountering any bugs which produce a hiss whilst upsampling to dsd. you can check the jriver forums for details. Thanks john57 for highlighting here.

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,595 of 4,252
Let's all try the JRiver Beta Version 19.0.152... 
bigsmile_face.gif

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90385.0

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,599 of 4,252
Yes version 19.0.152 is the current version All you have to do is blink and there will be a new version available. 
blink.gif

This happens when switching tracks from PCM to DSD track to a native DSD track without stopping.  Do not do this experiment with headphones plugged in.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90537.msg622038#msg622038

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,603 of 4,252
  Just tried using X4 DSD with my FLAC.... wont work on my computer....   X2 DSD works well though...    X4 DSD works with my computer as long as the songs are in X4 DSD  

Generally you need a strong computer to do PCM to 4XDSD.  Running the J.River benchmark under help can give a indication on how fast your computer is.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1,605 of 4,252
As our hires collection grows there will prob be the occasional need/ situation to play redbook standard. Anyone got some positive experience to share regarding downsampling? Do you do realtime downsampling or offline? Use Jriver? SQ quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back