iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #1,953 of 4,252
Hi,

...snip...

iCLUB members wanted to test drive the latest iFi driver

...snip...

I understand that the iClub is for 1st 512 purchasers and /or invitation only, but it's starting to feel a little shoddy that those of us who spent $500 + don't have access to improved drivers in a timely manner. It's one thing for "perks" like DSD downloads or dinners, but this seems like a basic functionality improvement that any purchaser should be entitled to.

Is the driver still beta? Are you planning to make it available to all owners soon?

Please understand, I love my iDSD and can put up with being a second class owner / citizen "not in the club" despite my purchase. The company has every right to run promotions. That said, a driver seems like something that should be available to all.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for listening.

Seems like an odd response to a request for members to TEST DRIVE a new driver.

Perhaps you were asleep in the lesson where the words "TEST DRIVE" were explained.

:rolleyes:

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,954 of 4,252

Perhaps you were asleep in the lesson where the words "TEST DRIVE" were explained.

At least it's not a must by rule or anything. I seem to have trouble installing it thought. Will maybe try tomorrow again before disturbing the iFi team again for possibly a small matter.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,956 of 4,252

rolleyes.gif

I'm not trying to be grumpy about it but to those of us who are on the outside looking in "iClub" it's a bit like buying the same car at the same price as your next store neighbor, only the dealer sends a "driver" (pun intended) to pick up his car when service is needed while you have to drive it in and arrange your own transportation home.

That said, I was just blowing of a little steam and perhaps I will get a good night's sleep and re-learn what test drive means. Then I will ask myself why I am not permitted to test drive when I am in fact an excellent driver, to quote Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man.

Before we stray to far off topic, I'll acknoledge that it's really not a big deal and I need to get over it. The iDSD is obviously a great product and iFi an innovative company. I am enjoying it immensely even without iClub perks and it is an excellent value for the price paid. :)

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #1,957 of 4,252
How are you guys enjoying the new USB driver with the free David Elias DSD album?  I'm loving it.  Thanks iFi.  I'm glad I was an early adopter and in doing so was rewarded with club perks.  I could have waited to purchase the iDSD with the rest of the world but I would not forgive myself if I couldn't get to beta test that USB driver.  Thanks for the Corvette too.  It's fine to be grumpy but double grumpy posts is a no-no, esp. over as you say "not a big deal".  You may eventually get into the club and have your opportunity to haze the pledges as well.  Cheers.

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #1,958 of 4,252
... You may eventually get into the club and have your opportunity to haze the pledges as well.  Cheers.

Ooh! Do we get to haze pledges too? I can't wait to haze LoryWiv. Are we allowed to use custard? :D

Seriously though, it's very sensible of iFi Audio to limit the number of people trying out a new driver in case there are any unforeseen issues. Everyone else will get it once it is ready for prime time.

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,959 of 4,252
Simple, search your retailer of choice for a USB OTG cable.

Talked to Todd at TTVJ, I don't think that they have one unless I find a usb a female to micro female adapter. Anyway I found this one

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/178-8186626-2298933?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+otg+cable

:cool:

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,960 of 4,252
Ooh! Do we get to haze pledges too? I can't wait to haze LoryWiv. Are we allowed to use custard?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, it's very sensible of iFi Audio to limit the number of people trying out a new driver in case there are any unforeseen issues. Everyone else will get it once it is ready for prime time.

I love custard! Egg on my face too!
:)

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,961 of 4,252
So... playing DSD files.

I downloaded the David Elias tracks today and played them on my iDSD using foobar2000. My LED did not turn cyan. Oh dear!

After much digging, I have solved the puzzle and my LED does now turn cyan. In case any of you folks are struggling with this, I have taken some hopefully useful screenshots.

First the components:

Make sure you have the latest foo_out_asio and foo_input_sacd installed.

Next, the SACD input configuration:

Make sure to select DSD as the output format.

Then the ASIO configuration:

Double-click foo_dsd_asio and then select the iFi driver and DSD Native.

Finally the output configuration:

Select foo_dsd_asio as the output driver.

Good luck! :cool:

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #1,963 of 4,252

micro iDSD: 1st & Original Crowd-Design Project

The following video is a small “thank you” to each and every one of you who contributed to the game-changing micro iDSD.
Over the 4 months, from inception to production; we documented the progress.
Is your selfie in the video?
We really hope you enjoy it! Team iFi.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,964 of 4,252
Hi iFi/Vincent,

Finally got my micro iDSD after a loooong wait.

Just want your assistance because as I started to do the initial 24-hour charging, the blue light does not lit up. I used the 10watt power adapter of the iPhone iPad with 5v, 2.1amp. Is the unit factory pre-charged? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
JoeyGS (Joseph Severino)

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,965 of 4,252
Hi iFi/Vincent,

Finally got my micro iDSD after a loooong wait.

Just want your assistance because as I started to do the initial 24-hour charging, the blue light does not lit up. I used the 10watt power adapter of the iPhone iPad with 5v, 2.1amp. Is the unit factory pre-charged? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
JoeyGS (Joseph Severino)

Does it switch on? If it does you may have answered your own question. Use it for a bit then try charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back