Identify these headphones! (Denon fans come in)
Apr 8, 2011 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fast1one

New Head-Fier
Hey folks!

I signed up a little while ago and lurked, but this may be my first post :) Just started the headphone craze and I quickly realized that a single set simply isn't enough. I currently own a set of HD555s. That being said, I found a set of Denon headphones on a car audio forum I frequent. I figured they may be cheap enough to try: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/100266-headphones-shure-denon-marantz.html

Any ideas of what they may be? I did a quick search on Denon's website along with google and I am still not 100% certain. Based on the shape of the headphones and the padding, they may be an older model of the AH-D510R since those come in black.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 4
Yep, I think u r right...they are the AHD510R...btw what is the motivation behind getting another pair..Portability, need more bass or something else ? people out here will surely help u out...

Quote:
Hey folks!

I signed up a little while ago and lurked, but this may be my first post :) Just started the headphone craze and I quickly realized that a single set simply isn't enough. I currently own a set of HD555s. That being said, I found a set of Denon headphones on a car audio forum I frequent. I figured they may be cheap enough to try: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/100266-headphones-shure-denon-marantz.html

Any ideas of what they may be? I did a quick search on Denon's website along with google and I am still not 100% certain. Based on the shape of the headphones and the padding, they may be an older model of the AH-D510R since those come in black.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 4

Thanks! I believe you are right. They are the version without the inline mic. I'm having trouble finding a lot of reviews on them, but the main one I did fine seemed to be good. I currently own the HD555s as well as a pair of Koss Porta Pro's, both open back. I was looking for a set of closed back headphones to isolate the sound more and for deeper bass, provided I could find them cheap. I love the HD555s, but it would be nice to have some privacy every once in a while. 
Quote:
Yep, I think u r right...they are the AHD510R...btw what is the motivation behind getting another pair..Portability, need more bass or something else ? people out here will surely help u out...

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 4

Did u ever consider the ATH M50 ? I feel they are the THE CAN u r looking for. They will cost u around $115, are closed and have an excellent response across the spectrum with a slight emphasis on bass. They are the best value for your money around the $ 125 range. This is just my opinion though. Try researching for the M50 reviews and I think you will opt for it given your reasons for having a closed HP.
 Hope that helps..!
Quote:
Thanks! I believe you are right. They are the version without the inline mic. I'm having trouble finding a lot of reviews on them, but the main one I did fine seemed to be good. I currently own the HD555s as well as a pair of Koss Porta Pro's, both open back. I was looking for a set of closed back headphones to isolate the sound more and for deeper bass, provided I could find them cheap. I love the HD555s, but it would be nice to have some privacy every once in a while. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back