Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Dec 12, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #256 of 443
Some of my favourite material from Kaskade.

Love the vocals, especially at the 1:07 mark!

This entire album by him called "Strobelite Seduction" which is setup in a playlist format. Some of the best vocal talent on this album. This one is 5/5 from me. Just press play and do whatever you need to...

It's impossible not to love the vocals in this song!!!! (From the album above).

Another solid track with great vocals (with music video):

The guitars and vocals just make me melt:

Male vocals for a change:

All of the tracks are also on Spotify. Far better quality for previewing than youtube.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #257 of 443
Last post for the night.

'Late Night Alumni' - literally their entire discography. Their group has Becky Jean Williams whose vocals are top 10 in my list. Really good composition and musicality. The tracks and composition is also top notch as a recording. I use a few tracks from them as reference when testing out gear. HIGHLY recommended in hearing this in the highest quality from the first listen.

Here's one of their early album in a playlist format:

Another album:

The 3rd track 'Empty Streets' is one of my fav and what got me into them. Perfect for driving late at night.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #259 of 443
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #261 of 443
I just listened to Pat Metheny Groups' multiple-Grammy-winning Imaginary Day (88.2k/24). Twice.  

It is stupid good on the LCD-4. Nothing less than astonishing. Do not miss.  

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #263 of 443
It may not be the first time mentioned but there is an album called "Ella and Louis" from 1956 that is well recorded, one of my faves to just listen to, or for demonstration purposes. It's light jazz and popular vocals as far as genre. Great line up too, featuring Ray Brown, Oscar Peterson, and Buddy Rich with Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong on vocals. It's worth a listen and has been re-released several times and is available in High Def. formats. pS

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #268 of 443
  Winter sale has started and there are some great deals to be made.

HD Tracks has 15% off if you use the coupon code found on the site. http://www.hdtracks.com/

Sound Liaison are selling everything for €10 or $11. That means; 50% off the whole DSD collection and 33% off on all pcm, flac and alac. ( They mix on Sennheiser HD800s). http://www.soundliaison.com/

And on some of the albums they used AKG 702 as mix HP'S
This one is and old favorite of mine;
 http://www.soundliaison.com/studio-masters/12-torn-se-wav
good reviews too;
 The Torn album and Carmen Gomes has received white spread critical acclaim:

Her warm, enormously talented and controlled voice is completely unique and she knows how to get pure emotion across to the listener ...
The sound of the album is exemplary with dynamics of an addictive quality......the drums are practically visual and one feels as if one could reach out and and actually touch the singer.

Eric de Boer - Hifi.nl

Gomes Sings "You better come on into my kitchen, 'cause it's going to be raining outdoors" and what a wondrous musical kitchen she possesses.
The utensils are the thoughtfully played musical notes. The chef is Carmen herself, serving a dream-like melodic delicacy. We at Adore Jazz, play the music from Gomes' new CD "Torn" with great joy.

Guy Zinger - Reviewer & Writer, All About Jazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back