Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Aug 25, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #196 of 443
At your service
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #199 of 443
Just awesome! (click album pic for link)

8 ENSEMBLES IN 1 BIT (2015)

RIJPSTRA, TERNHEIM, TAVARES, NEWMAN, HERMAN, FRETZ, RAVEL, VARTTINA, KERN, PINGARIHO, VAN DER HOLST
BRENO VIRICIMO GROUP, NEW AMSTERDAM VOICES, VERCAMMEN AND ROINISHVILLI, KOBRA ENSEMBLE, DE GEBROEDERS HARTEVELD AND FRETZ, THE PIPAYS, THOMAS AND EVA, ODD PEARLS

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #200 of 443
Look! That is the same studio!
The Native DSD and the new Sound Liaison release ''En Azul";

So Native DSD are recording at Sound Liaison.I believe I do start to recognize the sound of that room. I love the opening track of the download; Gentle Rain...gorgeus... especially the drums and the pianist whistling the notes he plays.
You can here it on the preview, here; http://www.soundliaison.com/

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #201 of 443
Yeah forgot about it. Downloaded it last week. Great!

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #202 of 443
  Look! That is the same studio!
The Native DSD and the new Sound Liaison release ''En Azul";

So Native DSD are recording at Sound Liaison.I believe I do start to recognize the sound of that room. I love the opening track of the download; Gentle Rain...gorgeus... especially the drums and the pianist whistling the notes he plays.
You can here it on the preview, here; http://www.soundliaison.com/

Here is  a review;

Another Wonderful Jazz Recording from Sound Liaison
September 10, 2015HD downloadsJazz

Sound Liaison is a Netherlands based partnership two bass players, Frans de Rond and Peter Bjørnild. They’ve assembled some terrific artists who play great jazz and given them high definition sound.  I raved about their initial recordings on the Sound Stage! Network, and have enjoyed watching their progress in listening to their appealing new albums.
Their newest program is titled En Azul and features the Witmer Trio, Cajan Witmer – piano,

Han Slinger – double bass, and Maarten Kruijswijk – drums. The trio has been together for 20 years and all the players sound very comfortable in their skins. Their emphasis is on melody with ornamentation and variation that heightens a sense of melody rather than distracting from it.  And they’ve picked some terrific tunes to work with – Carioca, TheGentle Rain, Moon River, Moonglow, Rhapsody in Blue, Recado, and St. Louis Blues, to mention a few. The playing is delightfully impeccable and the recorded sound nearly so.  The trio sounds like it’s playing in a real space and is nicely spread between speakers with no exaggeration. The piano sound is perfect as is the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed. The bass is solid; I could use just a tiny bit more focus on the attacks. Sound Liaison recordings are only available as high quality downloads. Many download formats are available including DSD and PCM 24bit/96kHz stereo. If you’re searching for real sounding intimate jazz, give the work of these folks a try. You’ll not be disappointed and it’s so good-natured, I’ll bet it will put a smile on your face.

http://www.radsreviews.com/

I agree, except I rather like the bass sound, so natural, not at all hyped as is so often the case.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #204 of 443
  Here is  a review;
I agree, except I rather like the bass sound, so natural, not at all hyped as is so often the case.

The trio sounds like it’s playing in a real space and is nicely spread between speakers with no exaggeration. The piano sound is perfect as is the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed.

I think that the ''percussion instruments'' is just the drummer and kit with a cowbell.
listen to the first track sample and tell me if that is not a set of drums? ;http://www.soundliaison.com/studio-masters/184-witmer-trio-en-azul

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #205 of 443
Sep 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #206 of 443
  Loudness is so relative, and has little to do with sound quality.
The Batik album is a great sounding album, completely up to the usual stunning sound quality of the Sound Liaison label, and if it scores high in the DR database, great but had it ''only'' scored a 10, it would still be a great sounding download.
  http://www.soundliaison.com/

Well,  I think the dynamics are great part of this album's fantastic SQ.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #208 of 443

Another Wonderful Jazz Recording from Sound Liaison
September 10, 2015HD downloadsJazz

Sound Liaison is a Netherlands based partnership two bass players, Frans de Rond and Peter Bjørnild. They’ve assembled some terrific artists who play great jazz and given them high definition sound.  I raved about their initial recordings on the Sound Stage! Network, and have enjoyed watching their progress in listening to their appealing new albums.
Their newest program is titled En Azul and features the Witmer Trio, Cajan Witmer – piano,

Han Slinger – double bass, and Maarten Kruijswijk – drums. The trio has been together for 20 years and all the players sound very comfortable in their skins. Their emphasis is on melody with ornamentation and variation that heightens a sense of melody rather than distracting from it.  And they’ve picked some terrific tunes to work with – Carioca, TheGentle Rain, Moon River, Moonglow, Rhapsody in Blue, Recado, and St. Louis Blues, to mention a few. The playing is delightfully impeccable and the recorded sound nearly so.  The trio sounds like it’s playing in a real space and is nicely spread between speakers with no exaggeration. The piano sound is perfect as is the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed. The bass is solid; I could use just a tiny bit more focus on the attacks. Sound Liaison recordings are only available as high quality downloads. Many download formats are available including DSD and PCM 24bit/96kHz stereo. If you’re searching for real sounding intimate jazz, give the work of these folks a try. You’ll not be disappointed and it’s so good-natured, I’ll bet it will put a smile on your face.

http://www.radsreviews.com/

Quote:

Lovely recording. It is a set of drums with a cowbell attached.
But it does say alot about the drummers abilities that he can fool Rad Bennett.

Well, but in a way a set of drums are 
 the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed

beyersmile.png

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #209 of 443
Just posted this on the other HD800 thread;

This one is rather good too;
And what a story:

Paul Berners masterpiece ''The Road to Memphis, The Devil and Elvis Presley'' is the Soundtrack to the movie that still has to be made.  A movie about Elvis, focusing on the saga of a country boy becoming a king, a movie that find Elvis standing on the same cross road where blues singer Robert Johnson had been standing some 30 years before. And there, on that crossroad, 'en route to Memphis, the devil in the form of colonel Tom Parker appears and buys Elvis' soul in exchange for fame and wealth.

But on the other hand when one listens to track 6; '' the Colonel '' another more complex picture of Tom Parker emerges, that  of a man in pain and remorse.

Was he the Devil? Just before the melody enters you hear small squeaks from dried monkey hands and a voodoo priest blowing smoke, trying in vain to undo the whole deal.

Then Parker, Michael Moore's clarinet, ''sings his song''.
A song about the illegal immigrant Andreas Cornelis van Kuijk, changing his identity and becoming Tom Parker, going from the old world to the new, from rags to riches, from laborer to kingmaker. Maybe Parker too had been standing on that crossroad. Maybe Parker by bringing Elvis to fame, was trying for a new deal with the Devil.... Elvis in exchange for his own soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back