IC: Philly meet?
Aug 31, 2007 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

sugarinthegourd

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I missed the last couple meets. Any interest in another Philly meet sometime soon?

I guess one challenge will be to find a venue...I'll see if I can think of something.

Or if not, is there anyone in the area who would like to get together and sample some 'phones and amps? I don't have much to offer, just iGrados, SR-60s, HD-650s, and a Porta Corda. Would love to hear HD-600s, DT-880s, K-701s, SR-225s and RS-2s, and amps from RSA and XIN as well as any desktop tube amps. Oh, and some fancy Senn cables to try to get a sense if I can really hear a difference!

tia,

John

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 34
Count me in. My gear is humble so far, but I'll bring what I have.

Bonus points if it's near a SEPTA station.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 34
I'm interested if Febs is interested. threEchelon went off to college so Radnor High is out as far as a venue goes. I think Coltrane has wanted to make it a brew meet for a while now. I *may* be able to get a free or low-cost venue in Huntingdon Valley (near Willow Grove mall). Very spacious and suitable for our purposes. I'll pursue that if there's significant interest. It will probably be mid-fall by the time a meet happens if one does, which is about when I'd be in the mood.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 34
Hey guys! Febs, I like the Simpsonize, lol. I'm ready for another meet. I work alternate weekends though. I would like to hear a Xin map as well along with the Corda Move. Unfortunately I STILL do not have a Diablo but would love to hear a LISA.

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 34
I wish I could come, but unless the meet is during a college vacation time, there's virtually no chance it'll happen. I'd be happy to send some gear, though. I know Superpredator is itching to hear the RS-1's again.
icon10.gif
Any of my gear is up for grabs except for my amp, which is sorta fragile.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #9 of 34
Firstly, threEchelon, congrats in starting your college career. Just remember, you will always have the opportunity to study, but you may never have the same opportunities to party again. On the other hand, I would have benefited from a bit more studying....oh well.

Anyhow, I vote let's do it and look for a venue. I wonder how much a meeting room in a third or fourth tier hotel would cost for a weekend day. They typically don't get conventions so it may be cheap. I will look around. Also, anybody have relationships with their houses of worship? A church, synagogue, or mosque may be willing to be helpful - although weekends in synagogues are often busy with bar mitzvahs, sunday school and such. I don't know about the practices in other denominations.

And I would be glad to bring the RS-1s for SuperPredator - though I think that there are a couple of other pairs amongst the Philly area crew.

As for myself, I am seeking an amp for my RS-1s and 701s. A good allarounder, if anybody has anything that they want to bring for auditioning.

I will seek locations and invite the rest of us to do the same. sugarinthegourd, thanks for starting things off!

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, anybody have relationships with their houses of worship? A church, synagogue, or mosque may be willing to be helpful - although weekends in synagogues are often busy with bar mitzvahs, sunday school and such. I don't know about the practices in other denominations.

My step mother is secretary at a church shallowly inside Montgomery county. It may not be central enough to everyone but chances are I could get a decent sized hall for little or no money. Weddings will probably take up most weekends until into the fall. Is this too far out of the way for everyone? (Zoom out.)

Note that the address listed there seems to be several blocks away from the actual church entrance. Not sure what's up with that.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 34
Is anyone planning on bringing a laptop? If so, I can bring my M-Audio Audiophile USB, which I'm thinking about selling for an iBasso D1 :)

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 34
I talked with my step mother. There are a few options, but the main hall will most likely not be available (weddings into the fall). The best option seems to be a sizable conference room that comes equipped with tables and the like. The church has low rates to begin with but I could acquire the room at half price at $50 for the day. I'll visit the room some time this week to be sure it has what we need. If this is appealing to everyone, it's available. If not, no hard feelings.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back