IC: Philly meet?
Sep 7, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 34
That works well enough for me, as long as I can get a ride from someone. I'm coming from Elkins Park and can meet someone at any SEPTA station that's convenient.

Any body have any dates to suggest? I'm open most weekends.

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 34
SuperPredator - I don't think that we will be able to to better than that. I checked with a couple of hotels and the cheapest was about $150. I am hoping that your step-mother's church is not too busy during the weekend and that we could set something up during the October timeframe. Could you check?

Another possibility could be various community centers or fraternal organizations. You know, Elks or something. Any other ideas?

Thank your step-mom for us.

Barry

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #18 of 34
Okay I will check the space out this week and ensure that it has plenty of outlets and good tables/seating (it should). Hatboro station on R2 is a seven-minute drive. I don't think this particular conference room gets booked very often so it's probably a matter of picking a date.

Tentatively, does Saturday, October 27th work for everyone?

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 34
I'm in. Thanks SuperP.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #22 of 34
One suggestion and one offer. First, the suggestion, if the room is available on the 27th (understanding that it may not), could we change the name of this thread or start a new one? Second, the offer - I live in Center City and have a car - can offer rides if needed.

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #23 of 34
The 27th works for me. Thanks for the train info.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #24 of 34
Hey... i don't know any of you guys yet.. and would sure like to attend.

Would it be worth trying to get together some definite equipment lists for stuff folks would bring?..

Here's why i ask?

I should have my UE-11's by then, and i'd sure like to try a bunch of portable amps out before i sign up.. I'd also like to scope some desktop dac's for enhancing my office experience with my HD600's.

Depending on other's interests, we (I ?) could contact some vendors for returnable samples to add to the mix (like headroom, and potentially Ray?). It would be really cool if we could get that HeadAmp Pico sample that was floating around to land there.

Anyway... just a thought

hmmm...

day of geeking out and listening to toons. sounds pretty awesome to me

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 34
I can bring everything in my signature, with the exception of my computer and speakers :)

Also, I keep eying the iBasso D1, so there's a chance that I'll have that before Oct27th.

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 34
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make this party. Its a work weekend for me. It would be great if you can get the vendors out for this one. Headroom has a lot of new goodies and its just in time for the holidays. Hide your wallets, lol.

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 34
Most weekends are good for me. Huntingdon Valley would be great, as I actually live there.

I would vote for doing what we can to accommodate NytRyder. He is a great guy with some pretty great equipment. Could we move it up or back a week?

There is also a good bar or two in the area for a post party!

Sep 17, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would vote for doing what we can to accommodate NytRyder. He is a great guy with some pretty great equipment. Could we move it up or back a week?

I'm free on both weekends (10/20-10/21 and 11/3-11/4.) How do those dates work for everyone else? Is the facility available then?

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #30 of 34
Yeah I think we should definitely try to accommodate nytryder. Do any weekends around that time work for you? The 27th is definitely not set in stone. I personally prefer not moving too deep into November so as to try to avoid the chance of rainy, cold weather, but if that's all that works no big deal. How is 10/20? Sundays are most likely out since this building is right near the church, which would create serious competition for parking.

Some schedule conflicts and being busy with work have kept me from scoping the room. I am trying for over lunch today, as I realize time is getting short.

No need to list what you're bringing in this thread. Once a date/location is confirmed I'll start a new one.

I hope to have more information later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back