IC: Oregon/washington headfi meet?
Jun 15, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
btw fellas theres a good chance that we'll have a meet on june 7-8th at steeleblaydes place, waiting to confirm, so those wanting to come up from either vancouver or oregon it would give us more leeway if the meet was a weekend, darn i hate not getting a chance to listen to all the gear because lack of time, but yes anyways confirmation is pending.

Has this happened???
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 12:41 PM Post #33 of 40
yeah that person ...he did do the last worthog get to the end on the last level on the first try on legendary, not bad.

Jun 16, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Yeah, it did... not much of a meet though, more of a sit-around-and-watch-Steeleblade-beat-Halo fest.

Oh...well...
Kinda glad that I did not miss that much...lol
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by vwap
Let me say it again, as I don't think anyone read my first post.

It is too difficult to make everyone happy. Very few people (especially with current gas prices) will make the drive from Seattle to Oregon, or Oregon to Seattle. Make it a Oregon meet to avoid planning chaos.

I'd be up for carpooling from Seattle. I can drive or ride. If someone else drives, it would be a little bit cheaper than my 14mpg Jeep. Regardless, the gas price wouldn't be prohibitive for me, and if we carpool, it would be basically nothing imho

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
Regardless, the gas price wouldn't be prohibitive for me, and if we carpool, it would be basically nothing imho

Let's say a minivan that fits 5 (plus gear that's likely loaded up in boxes) and gets ~14 MPG. Driving the ~600 miles between Seattle and Eugene (and back), that would come out to about 43 gallons, and at $2.50 a gallon, that's $107.50, or $21.50 a person (for five). Then you've gotta factor in food expenses, time expenses (ten hours on the road...), and perhaps even living arrangement expenses. Pretty soon, it's a large chunk of change...

On the other hand, having two centralized meets means people generally will drive about an hour or two, a hundred miles or so, it's a lot more cost effective to have two meets -- especially if people are picked up along the way to divide up the same costs as above.

Maybe you've got more time on your hands than I do, and you've got nothing better to do than enjoy long interstate drives, but to me, two meets is a lot more logical. (And it seems they're already planning an Oregon one.)

Then again, I just spent a few minutes typing this post -- when I could be on my way to Oregon. Damn.

Jun 18, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #38 of 40
Eugene seems like a bit of a drive, but I think it could be worth it if there's a lot of stuff to listen to there. The only headphones I've had the pleasure of trying are Grado SR60/80, Sony V6, Sony DJ700, Sennheiser HD280, and I'm in the market to buy a new set of cans probably mid July.

Anyway, my offer for Seattle still stands. I will provide a nice location and cook up some good food if anyone's willing to come to a mini-meet on the eastside. My place is about 15 mins from anywhere unless you're north of downtown.

Jun 18, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
Anyway, my offer for Seattle still stands. I will provide a nice location and cook up some good food if anyone's willing to come to a mini-meet on the eastside. My place is about 15 mins from anywhere unless you're north of downtown.

I live in Clyde Hill (Bellevue)...

Jun 19, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #40 of 40
its either fewtch's place or pats ...it dont matter as long as we get together sometiime ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back