IC: Oregon/washington headfi meet?
May 9, 2004 at 2:08 PM Post #16 of 40
Well I was planning on having a little listening session with him.. he's going to mod my CD3K once he smooths out all his plans for what parts to use and whatnot.. so maybe if i ask REALLY nicely I can borrow his woodies...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #18 of 40
I'm in West Portland and would love to attend a meet. Seattle is nice, but it takes out most of the mid-Oregon people because it's 6 hours away. A Portland meet could easily include people from Corvallis, Eugene & SW Washington. July is really bad for me, but other than that I can probably make it. I can bring:

headphones:
Grado SR225's
Grado SR60's
E2c's
amps:
CMOY
Clone
IC's:
mini - mini
rca - mini
source:
ipod

May 12, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahkook
So I am seeing people from central Cal all the way up to Mid Washington. If we could find someone central in the whole area, say around the Eugene area, I would definetly be there.

Of course, I would be happy to host something here in Coos Bay, Oregon... I have a club house for the RV park I run, and I live 30 minutes away from Cardas cables. The people there are great and would likely give us a mini tour and let us play with some stuff. They also have a block-head they use for testing cables! If we ask real hard, we might get our hands on it and some replacement cables for a meet.

In addition, there are some great vistas and forest areas here I would be happy to share with the interested.

Anyone like this idea?

Sounds pretty sweet, particularly during the summer... does Coos Bay have a Greyhound station? I could probably hop a bus down there, given enough advance warning and maybe a ride to/from the bus station. Long trip, but might be worth it if it was a full day sort of thing.

May 16, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #20 of 40
Eugene would be a great location however considering the size that these Meets tend to be lots of floor space should be available. Tweeter Bros in Eugent might not be large enought. Did i hear someone say Cardas. That would be so cool to have a prominent Audio manufacture host a meet. Heck if grado can host the N.Y Meets. But on secont thought for me Metro seattle Area as easy and close. I am getting to tired for road trips nowdays however i do go to Eugene severial times a year.

May 17, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #22 of 40
It seems that there are more than enough people from Oregon interested in a meet... Since there have already been Seattle meets, why not spin this thread off into an Oregon Head-Fi meet thread?

Though seeing Mr.PD at the Seattle meets has been kinda cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just my two cents..

May 20, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #23 of 40
ppl- Tweeter Bros. has closed it's store front and now only does web based sales. My friend there is now focused primarily on o.e.m. engineering for other manufacturers.

May 20, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #24 of 40
Soo... where's the meet happening?

tongue.gif

I'm thinking we should have someone be the self-proclaimed "organizer" and start trying to figure out where to have it and whatnot. If we all just say "Well I think...." over and over, we'll never get anywhere.

Although perhaps we can't really start to organize where to have it until we've got a certain number of people pitching in suggestions, sort of like a collective brainstorm? I dunno.

*2 cents*
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 40
Portland is centrally located for the area we are discussing, but the last time we had a meet here, not to many people were willing to make the drive. I think there are more members in the Seattle area, so maybe it should be up there, but that makes it a 4 or 5 hour drive from Coos Bay! I think sombody needs to start a thread with a "vote for the location" poll, with Seattle area, Portland Area, Eugene area, Coos Bay area,(and ?), then we can make it a democratic decision.

May 23, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 40
Ok... will do. I have been thinking the same thing.

First things first though: Name off potential locations.

Seattle
Portland
Eugene
Coos Bay

please add any additional locations to this list and then we will start the new thread with a poll. How does 3 days sound to take suggestions before I start the thread? Wednesday evening then....

Mahkook

May 23, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #27 of 40
i would organize this meet, but i don't know exactly when i'll be available over the summer

i say, make it primarily an oregon meet.

i think eugene would be best then, however, the coos bay thing sounds great...

so if i can find out when i have time off from my work then i'll see if i can do this, tho i'd say 80% chance that i can't

sorry!

May 24, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #28 of 40
Let me say it again, as I don't think anyone read my first post.

It is too difficult to make everyone happy. Very few people (especially with current gas prices) will make the drive from Seattle to Oregon, or Oregon to Seattle. Make it a Oregon meet to avoid planning chaos.

May 24, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #29 of 40
Okay then! Two meets on different weekends. One in the Seattle area, one in Oregon. Those who are willing can go to both meets, those who aren't can go to the closest one. I will leave it up to the Seattle area folk to figure out what they want to do and where. I will see if I can figure out how to make a vote poll for the Oregon meet.

May 30, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #30 of 40
btw fellas theres a good chance that we'll have a meet on june 7-8th at steeleblaydes place, waiting to confirm, so those wanting to come up from either vancouver or oregon it would give us more leeway if the meet was a weekend, darn i hate not getting a chance to listen to all the gear because lack of time, but yes anyways confirmation is pending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back