IC: Oregon/washington headfi meet?
Apr 28, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 40
oh yeah definitely i've been thinking about this for a while

May 7, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 40
Man, I would love to have the chance to have a meet... my problem is getting to the places where we would likely have it. I live in Southern Oregon on the coast... it has been almost a year since I last made it up to the Portland area. Anyhow, I will try and get there if we can make it happen!

I would be happy to share my gear and love to check out new stuff.

Mahkook
orphsmile.gif

May 8, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 40
I'm definitely down with a Meet. It was so much fun last time, I found out how much I liked the CD3K. Wonder what i'll discover this time around....
3000smile.gif

i'll bring my computer source, fo sho. Although i'll need someone to lend me an LCD.. 19inch monitors are heavy!
eek.gif

Anyone game for hearing a modded E-MU 1212m w/Black Gates or a slightly tweaked V2-SE?
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2004 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 40
I will only have a Sony V6 and a Grado 80. Sorry...the state of my bank account does not permit me to be more spoiled.
smily_headphones1.gif

Basically, i just want to try you guys' stuff...to see how much better it can get.

May 8, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 40
So I am seeing people from central Cal all the way up to Mid Washington. If we could find someone central in the whole area, say around the Eugene area, I would definetly be there.

Of course, I would be happy to host something here in Coos Bay, Oregon... I have a club house for the RV park I run, and I live 30 minutes away from Cardas cables. The people there are great and would likely give us a mini tour and let us play with some stuff. They also have a block-head they use for testing cables! If we ask real hard, we might get our hands on it and some replacement cables for a meet.

In addition, there are some great vistas and forest areas here I would be happy to share with the interested.

Anyone like this idea?

May 8, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 40
I will show up at a meet, pretty much anywhere (within reason) in the Pacific NW, and bring what I can, gear wise.

May 9, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 40
Good ol' Corvallis... been there, done that... for many years. I did my Undergrad and Masters at OSU. Nice town, fun to go to school there.

If this happens here and you come down, bring me a jar of McMinimans Ruby ale for me... I miss that most of all.
icon10.gif

Now if we get some guys from in the Seattle area, namely Xanadu777 with his CD3000 woody mods... hint, hint....

I will try contacting Cardas here Monday and seeing about what I might be able to talk them into for a head-fi group.

Mahkook

May 9, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 40
already tried that... he is unable to make it. Dang....

Maybe someone from the Seattle area might be able to make personal contact with him and hi-jack the woodys for the weekend???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back