IC: NYC Area Meet
Sep 28, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #61 of 91
public transportation here, and that location is ideal for me.

Sep 28, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
[size=x-small]OK GUYS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.[/size]

I really need you guys to respond to these questions because it makes no sense for me to continue to look at this space in Manhattan if it doesn't work for everyone.

1st) Of the people that are planning to come to this event, how many of you are driving?

2nd) If you guys have to pay about $20 to park your car, would that definately deter you from attending?

3rd) How many of you guys are planning to come by public transportation?

meech,

I think we should just go for it. I'm not sure you're going to get any more responses in this thread than we already have. Without making this official we're not going to get a true response from everyone that's actually going to attend. I think we have enough people to make it worthwhile. The space is good. Parking might be a bit of a problem, but it's just like going to any other event in the city. You gotta pay.

I think we can make this a really good event but if we wait around to get a consensus from everyone as to whether or not they're coming, if it works for them, if they're driving, etc., the date is going to come and go. I'm sort of going on the advice in Tuberoller's thread. It's nice to get the input of everyone but after a while it becomes counterproductive. It's like the field of dreams: build it and they will come. Although, I'd like to hear the opinion of some of the veterans who have organized these before to see if I'm on the right track with this train of thought.

The space isn't that expensive so that if this becomes a total disaster we can't afford to pay. I'm already willing to guarantee that I'll put of $50 towards the venue if we fall short in the donations/raffle. If worse comes to worse I could always up more.

When do you have to give the deposit to secure the room? Is there a cancellation date so that we don't have to pay?

I say let's just go for it!
eggosmile.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
meech,

I think we should just go for it. I'm not sure you're going to get any more responses in this thread than we already have. Without making this official we're not going to get a true response from everyone that's actually going to attend. I think we have enough people to make it worthwhile. The space is good. Parking might be a bit of a problem, but it's just like going to any other event in the city. You gotta pay.

I think we can make this a really good event but if we wait around to get a consensus from everyone as to whether or not they're coming, if it works for them, if they're driving, etc., the date is going to come and go. I'm sort of going on the advice in Tuberoller's thread. It's nice to get the input of everyone but after a while it becomes counterproductive. It's like the field of dreams: build it and they will come. Although, I'd like to hear the opinion of some of the veterans who have organized these before to see if I'm on the right track with this train of thought.

The space isn't that expensive so that if this becomes a total disaster we can't afford to pay. I'm already willing to guarantee that I'll put of $50 towards the venue if we fall short in the donations/raffle. If worse comes to worse I could always up more.

When do you have to give the deposit to secure the room? Is there a cancellation date so that we don't have to pay?

I say let's just go for it!
eggosmile.gif

I totally agree with all of that. I'm leaning towards doing it I just wanted to get one last bit of feedback. As it stands right now, the place is on temporary reservation. If someone else wants the place, they will contact me and then I'll have to either put up or shut up. Hopefully by then we will have the plans set in stone.

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #64 of 91
I'd be driving in, and parking is OK.
Why isn't John hosting this year?

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #67 of 91
I'm in. Let see... this would be my 8th meet.
biggrin.gif
I love the location and place. I'd be taking the subway.

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #69 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Why isn't John hosting this year?

Don't know exactly. bozebuttons posted a few weeks ago that Grado's wasn't availbe, so you'll have to ask him. That's why we've been looking at alternate places.

Sep 28, 2004 at 9:48 AM Post #70 of 91
The time and place are great for me as well. I'll be there!

(By the way -- pics of the Qualia mini-meet round 2 are posted. See the Impressions Thread.)

k1000smile.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 12:34 PM Post #71 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
(By the way -- pics of the Qualia mini-meet round 2 are posted. See the Impressions Thread.)

k1000smile.gif

Woo hoo! I've been waiting for that.

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #72 of 91
Just a little bumpage so everyone knows this meet is now official. If you're planning on coming please post in the official thread. Those that said they were coming in this thread have already been added to the guest list. Check to make sure your name is there and let us know if your plans have changed.

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #73 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NY meet on 11/20 sounds great. This will be my first time meeting everyone, and I'll most likely bring along my Alessandro MS pro's for people to check out (and get hooked on!)
smily_headphones1.gif

hi,im new on this thread and im curious at this ny meet.is this on 11/20/07?

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 91
Oops! Bring out your dead, bring out your dead,

"But I'm not dead yet" (Monty Python)

Generally, we have a spring meet in Bayside and a fall meet in Babylon every November.
Stay tuned. A meet thread will probably be started in late September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back