IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #91 of 122
Thanks for the hard work Erik.  I look forward to the meet!

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #93 of 122

Count me in. Thanks for organizing Erik 

Please invite vendors ASAP so that their schedule are freed up.
For example Hifiman and Woo Audio are both from Queens.

Already contacted Woo but unfortunately they can't make it.  Jack did offer to send gear so if there is something you want to hear let me know and I will ask him to send.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #95 of 122
Add my name to the roster.  I'll bring the new Woo transformer box for Stax, assuming I have it by then (I am supposed to get it any day -- they said September!).

To use with it I'll bring 404's, a vintage Sony battery-operated CDP with digital out, Matrix DAC (which is really fantastic for the money), a digital amp (perfect match for transformer boxes) probably Bang & Olufsen, and lots of MoFi CDs.  (The HP-out of the B&O ain't bad either, so I'll bring Grados or something so two people can listen at once -- heck, make that three people since the Matrix HP-out is also way more than an afterthought ... so maybe bring as well my D1001s which are way under-appreciated around here, or who knows what.)

Since the Matrix has USB in, might as well throw in the Sony palm top with FB2K and a bunch of 24/96's on it.

Lots of sound, small footprint (everything will fit on top of the B&O amp, which of course does not get hot).

If you want to hear the amazing MMC-2 phono cartridge from B&O you gotta come to Jersey meets.  Dave, that means you.  You know which Dave.

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #96 of 122
I will be coming with two friends.  Scottsmrnyc

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #98 of 122
looks like my wife and I are going
smily_headphones1.gif

I am slowly getting her addicted. my master plan is coming together. muahhaha

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #101 of 122
I'm about half an hour away, so too close to miss.  Will there be tables etc to set things up?  My listening setup isn't very portable.  Might bring some vintage tube gear set up for headphone listening, and my new LCD-2's.  I could contribute some stuff for prizes and I'd be willing to kick in some for the rental as well.  PM me to discuss?

That area of White Plains is about a 10 minute walk from the train station, and it's right off route 684 (the exit drops you right into the Neiman Marcus, etc. parking garage, which is a block from the hotel).  North Maple has a small municipal lot which is a bit cheaper.  Lyric Hi-Fi (good folks) are a few minutes walk away.  It should be a great location.

Thanks for setting it up!

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #102 of 122
This meet will almost certainly happpen.  Life is unpredictable so I don't consider it official until I've signed on the dotted line.  That should happen next week.  I will start an official meet thread and post here at that time so you'll know it will happen.

There will of course be tables for you to set up your gear.  Donations for the room as well as donations for our "Not So Silent Auction" are welcomed and encouraged.  This is how we'll cover the cost of the room.

There is a shuttle bus run by the hotel that goes from the train station to the hotel.  All you have to do is call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back