IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #107 of 122
Well, I would really like to come....But I am in Ithaca...
confused_face_2.gif

Anyone could pick me up?
blink.gif

I could bring audio gd ref1, wadia x32 and HE60/HEV70 BTW

plus a pair of KESI XLR and MIT z-cord 3
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #108 of 122
Anyone want to give me a ride to and from Philly? It would be much appreciated
k701smile.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #110 of 122

Quote:
I pre-emptively booked my flight today in anticipation, can't wait! It'll be my last regular Head-Fi meet, what better way to go out than with NYC?
smile.gif

Awww. What are your reasons for stopping?

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #111 of 122
Well, after a year and half of lurking and posting on Head-Fi, I think it's time for my first meet.  I'd definitely like to go, it would be fun to meet some local enthusiasts and experts, and I have much to learn.  But I'm not sure yet about my Thanksgiving week plans so please put me down as tentative for now.

Stuff I would bring:
Balanced Lawton D2000s
Sennheiser IE8
HiFiMAN-HM-801
RSA Protector
JH16s (not much use to anyone else)
Cowon S9, iPod Touch, Clip+

Stuff I'd like to hear:
Any balanced DACs and amps
iMod or WhipMOD
Any other portable sources, portable amps, high-end cables, IEMs (esp. any IEMs that are new and hot right now, like MTPC/MTPG or Ortofon e-q7)
HD800, RS1, HE-6, LCD-2 or any other headphone considered to be in this "class"

So it should be easy for any of us city folk to get a cab from the train station in WP to the hotel?

It would be awesome if we could get JH Audio, Ray Samuels, Whiplash Audio, Head-Direct, and ALO, just to name a few of my favorite vendors.

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #112 of 122
Hey Guys,

I'm so IN!
beerchug.gif

I'll be bringing:

- Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition (fully loaded of course)
- Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition
- Audeze LCD-2s
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo!
- ALO Audio RX mkII portable amp
- Email me (vinnie@redwineaudio.com) if you'd like hear other goodies (e.g. K1000s fed by a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition), and stuff that ALO Audio sells (cables, cans, etc.) that I can borrow from him.

If we're doing a not-so-silent auction, I'll be offering the iMod modification, ALO iMod dock cables, etc. to raise some funds for the room.  Perhaps even an ALO RX mkII amp from Ken - I'll get him to donate!
wink.gif

One thing to mention - I have to be at a wedding in Glenn Cove, Long Island at 6pm - so I'll need to leave around 4 or 5pm.  So if there are any of Telica's brownies going around, please make sure it is well before I leave (immtbiker - are you listening?)
biggrin.gif

Can't wait!!!!

Vinnie

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #113 of 122

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I'm so IN!
beerchug.gif

I'll be bringing:

- Red Wine Audio Isabella LFP-V Edition (fully loaded of course)
- Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition
- Audeze LCD-2s
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo!
- ALO Audio RX mkII portable amp
- Email me (vinnie@redwineaudio.com) if you'd like hear other goodies (e.g. K1000s fed by a Signature 30.2 LFP-V Edition), and stuff that ALO Audio sells (cables, cans, etc.) that I can borrow from him.

If we're doing a not-so-silent auction, I'll be offering the iMod modification, ALO iMod dock cables, etc. to raise some funds for the room.  Perhaps even an ALO RX mkII amp from Ken - I'll get him to donate!
wink.gif

One thing to mention - I have to be at a wedding in Glenn Cove, Long Island at 6pm - so I'll need to leave around 4 or 5pm.  So if there are any of Telica's brownies going around, please make sure it is well before I leave (immtbiker - are you listening?)
biggrin.gif

Can't wait!!!!

Vinnie

vinnie,
i will bring the new alo version 2 cable for the audeze lcd-2. it is a huge upgrade over the v1
also,looking forward to seeing you at rmaf next week

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #116 of 122
Glad to see Vinny will make it!

Not sure if I posted this earlier but Head-Direct is in as well.

I am meeting with the catering manager on Thursday to finalize things.  As soon as that happens it's official.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #117 of 122
I'll be donating an Otari MX5050 reel-to-reel, pretty beaten up cosmetically, but with a certified clean bill of health from NJ Factory Service, freshly lapped heads, pickup reel, and original hubs.  I'm sure someone wants to start their journey into the best audio format
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #118 of 122
this should be fun. looks like there will be some very nice gear there.

Erik:

you should add a gear list section to your initial post (when you get a chance, of course). also, if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

David

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #119 of 122

Larry:

i will be at the meet.

someone recently asked for my opinion about dynamics versus stats and i directed them to the impressions thread for the mini-meet you hosted earlier this year. that was a very fun day.

David

Quote:
Add my name to the roster.  I'll bring the new Woo transformer box for Stax, assuming I have it by then (I am supposed to get it any day -- they said September!).

To use with it I'll bring 404's, a vintage Sony battery-operated CDP with digital out, Matrix DAC (which is really fantastic for the money), a digital amp (perfect match for transformer boxes) probably Bang & Olufsen, and lots of MoFi CDs.  (The HP-out of the B&O ain't bad either, so I'll bring Grados or something so two people can listen at once -- heck, make that three people since the Matrix HP-out is also way more than an afterthought ... so maybe bring as well my D1001s which are way under-appreciated around here, or who knows what.)

Since the Matrix has USB in, might as well throw in the Sony palm top with FB2K and a bunch of 24/96's on it.

Lots of sound, small footprint (everything will fit on top of the B&O amp, which of course does not get hot).

If you want to hear the amazing MMC-2 phono cartridge from B&O you gotta come to Jersey meets.  Dave, that means you.  You know which Dave.

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #120 of 122

Quote:
Erik:

you should add a gear list section to your initial post (when you get a chance, of course). also, if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

David

This is still just the Interest Check thread.  When I start the official thread I'll create an attendee/gear list.  Still looking for SiBurning. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back