IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
Sep 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #61 of 122
This is not a warm up for a possible Can Jam in NY.  This is a traditional meet that we've been having in the fall for a number of years.  Due to the large number of Head-Fiers in the area it actually merits 2 regular meets per year.  This meet would have gone on no matter what.

That is not to say there won't be a Can Jam in NY.  There may be and there may not be.  All I'm saying is one has nothing to do with the other. 

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #62 of 122
Im getting my tubes warmed up now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #63 of 122

Quote:
This is not a warm up for a possible Can Jam in NY.  This is a traditional meet that we've been having in the fall for a number of years.  Due to the large number of Head-Fiers in the area it actually merits 2 regular meets per year.  This meet would have gone on no matter what.

That is not to say there won't be a Can Jam in NY.  There may be and there may not be.  All I'm saying is one has nothing to do with the other. 

Well, I don't know about the other person, but I was just kidding after all. The more the merrier!

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #64 of 122
I'm just saying
wink_face.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #65 of 122

i plan on attending. hell, i hate to miss these events, especially when they're practically in my back yard! thanks for organizing Erik!

Quote:
yeah i figured the easiest way is to drive and since i have a gps i would probably just do that.  its a shame though.  i cant make it.  if anyone near lancaster, pa would like to come along i would love to go.  my mom said i was nuts for going to NY to try out headphones.  i was like there is people flying in to make it.

Quote:
my bday was september 21st and no one wished me a happy birthday.  i guess when your 26 you feel too old.

that's sad. here ya go - happy b'day.
btw, if yer mom didn't even wish you a happy bday then she has no business telling you not to go to a meet. make it a bday present to yourself!   
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #66 of 122

Quote:
Great timing this is a day after my B-day so I am in!

J#s, happy bday, pal!  i didn't realize that you were back east.  when did you return? missed the ny crew, eh? 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I'm getting my tubes warmed up now 
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

does Devo know about this? 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #68 of 122

Quote:

J#s, happy bday, pal!  i didn't realize that you were back east.  when did you return? missed the ny crew, eh? 
wink_face.gif

Dave, moved back with my job in the begining of the year, it will be great to see the Tri-State guys again. I missed the NJ meet due to bad timing but I should be solid for this one.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #69 of 122
I count 14 so far.  I'm pretty confident we'll get a good turn out but I did want to have 20 people at least tentatively say they will come.  PM your buddies and get them to post.

I didn't speak to the sales manager about the parking today but I'm pretty sure that you can park for the $10 fee and if not there is parking across the street that will probably be about the same for 8 hours.  They have a whole catering/meeting business so I can't imagine that they wouldn't provide parking for those events without a guest room.  I will get confirmation tomorrow.

There is also a free shuttle from the White Plains train station to the hotel.  I'll see if I can get a schedule.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #70 of 122

Quote:

I didn't speak to the sales manager about the parking today but I'm pretty sure that you can park for the $10 fee and if not there is parking across the street that will probably be about the same for 8 hours.  They have a whole catering/meeting business so I can't imagine that they wouldn't provide parking for those events without a guest room.  I will get confirmation tomorrow.

No free parking close by?

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #72 of 122

Quote:
No free parking close by?

No, unfortunately White Plains is a city that doesn't have any free parking.  It's like NYC in that respect. vcoheda can chime in as he may have some insight since he lives there but for the most part it's meters and surface lots.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #73 of 122
free parking on side roads but that is only for 2 hours (generally). lot parking is metered but reasonable.

the hotel doesn't have free parking for guests?

either way, i cannot imagine 8 hours exceeding $10.

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #74 of 122
No they have $10 parking for guests.  I'm wondering if the lot across the street would be any cheaper for 8 hours.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #75 of 122
If we are renting a conference room for the meet are we considered "guests" of the hotel?
wink_face.gif

But seriously, $10 for a day's worth of parking anywhere in NY state is a true bargain no matter how you slice it. You can't stand still on the sidewalk for more than a few minutes in NY without someone charging you!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back