IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
Sep 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #46 of 122

Quote:
yeah im with you on that one.  where do you live revo?  i had the ad700 right now and i know if i go to one of these i will want everything there.

I live about halfway between Albany and Poughkeepsie, in upstateish New York.

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #49 of 122
Sep 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #50 of 122
I may show up.
Depends on a lot of factors, of course.  I'll know more as the meet approaches.

Erik, how does this venue compare to the Adria?  Larger? Smaller?  How is the parking situation? 

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #52 of 122
Quote:
thanks for the insight.  i assume you have someone coming with you though, that's the thing.  i NEED someone to come with me.  even though im 26 now my mom will never allow me to go by myself and for good reasons.

No, no one will be traveling with me and I have no idea why you'd assume that. Let me get this straight, you're saying your mom won't let you go by yourself and you're 26? Seriously? Nothing about that makes sense, I don't see why you can't just make plans to go to NYC for a day.

Quote:
Erik, how does this venue compare to the Adria?  Larger? Smaller?  How is the parking situation? 

Sort of a related question: is this meet going to be a test run for CanJam '11?
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #53 of 122
The Hotels website says $10/day self park and $14/day Valet, but it also says "Parking - Registered Guests Only"

Looking at the Satellite view it appears that there might be a Parking Garage across the street. This info needs to be clarified. I don't mind $10 a day for parking, but much more than that would preclude me from joining the festivities. Money is tighter than it's ever been, so I don't see myself splurging and spending the $150+ for a room, or even much more than $3-$4/Hour for parking.

Erik, Please let us know the Parking situation.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #54 of 122
I will get back to you regarding parking on Monday.  There is a municipal lot across the street  but I need to check what the all day rate will be and if the hotel can do anything for us.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #57 of 122

Quote:
No, no one will be traveling with me and I have no idea why you'd assume that. Let me get this straight, you're saying your mom won't let you go by yourself and you're 26? Seriously? Nothing about that makes sense, I don't see why you can't just make plans to go to NYC for a day.

Sort of a related question: is this meet going to be a test run for CanJam '11?
wink.gif

I feel you on the last question. The only way I'll be able to make this year's CanJam is if it really is in New York as all the rumors say.

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #59 of 122
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone own the Little Dot MK V? It is a similarly priced SS amp to the Asgard, and I would love to compare the two.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #60 of 122
Count me in; but I prefer to listen to everyone elses equipment.  Scottsmrnyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back