IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #76 of 122

Quote:
I count 14 so far.  I'm pretty confident we'll get a good turn out but I did want to have 20 people at least tentatively say they will come.  PM your buddies and get them to post.

I didn't speak to the sales manager about the parking today but I'm pretty sure that you can park for the $10 fee and if not there is parking across the street that will probably be about the same for 8 hours.  They have a whole catering/meeting business so I can't imagine that they wouldn't provide parking for those events without a guest room.  I will get confirmation tomorrow.

There is also a free shuttle from the White Plains train station to the hotel.  I'll see if I can get a schedule.

I even put a link in my sig in an attempt to promote this.

It seems like there are tons of NY area Head-Fiers, but a lot of people never even see these threads.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #80 of 122
if you want one there then organize one there. if you like one that's being organized elsewhere, then go there.
Quote:
come to Lancaster, PA for a meet.  PLEASE!!!

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #83 of 122

Quote:
You hate HD650s! 

...oh wait, these are probably SR650s or HD650is or DT-650s or ATH-AD650s or........

Yea, but I cant resist the urge to keep trying them out. They are strangely addictive like that.

The real reason I got them is that I want to compare them to the personalized EQ I have been using on the 800's. I think the "custom fitted" version will fit my definition of "better" better, and what kind of head-fier would I be if I didnt own the HD650 at least 4 times?

Ooh, there is always the possibility that the KSC-650's will make an appearance
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #84 of 122
Definitely count me in.  I need to make up for coming at the ending of the Jersey meet and completely missing out on the last NY one.

This sounds more doable since it's close to the trains.  I won't have to do that whole train, bus, and long walk business I did last time
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #86 of 122

Quote:
My Dad will also be there, the man responsible for my audio obsession. He can cough up a couple of bucks for the cause. Does that make 19?

I've lost count but I'd say there is sufficient interest. Speaking of head count, where is SiBurning when you need him?

I haven't even thought about contacting vendors yet because I want to have a firm date. There are a few people conspicuous by their absence but hopefully they'll be chiming in soon.

I got confirmation from the hotel that it is not necessary to be an overnight guest to use the parking.  The lot isn't actually owned by the hotel so they have little control over it so no way to eliminate the fee unless I pay for everyone, which I would rather not do.  $10 per day is also about equivalent to the long term parking you'd find at other lots in the area.  I hope this doesn't discourage too many people from attending.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #87 of 122

Count me in.  It looks like I should be able to make it.  Now I need to get busy and finish building something new for the meet.  I'll be good for a couple of tube amps and DT880-250.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #89 of 122
It's pretty much a go.  I just need to meet with the catering manager next week and sign the contract.  Once it's signed I'll create an official meet thread but it's pretty much a done deal.

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #90 of 122
Count me in, I have HD-600's and K-201's, really want to hear HD-800's.  I know the place well, I am 15 minutes away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back