IC: los angeles mini-meet near UCLA
Sep 17, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #106 of 225
October 16th will be fine with me. I am looking for a new phono stage so if anyone has one that they would not normally have brought, I would appeciate listening to it (I will be bringing my TT setup).
I currently have ProJect Tube Box II and I am just not happy with the sound (or lack of) but am afraid to try something new without hearing them. Have considered PS Audio GCPH, Graham Slee Reflex C, and Musical Fidelity X-LPS v3 but have not listened to any of them. Currently have ProJect RM6SB with Sumiko Talisman `S`, and Denon 103 carts.

Thank-you. 

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #107 of 225
I actually have a PS Audio GCPH that I could bring over for you to try out if interested

Quote:
October 16th will be fine with me. I am looking for a new phono stage so if anyone has one that they would not normally have brought, I would appeciate listening to it (I will be bringing my TT setup).
I currently have ProJect Tube Box II and I am just not happy with the sound (or lack of) but am afraid to try something new without hearing them. Have considered PS Audio GCPH, Graham Slee Reflex C, and Musical Fidelity X-LPS v3 but have not listened to any of them. Currently have ProJect RM6SB with Sumiko Talisman `S`, and Denon 103 carts.

Thank-you. 

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #108 of 225
Excellent. I'd like that very much.
Thanks.

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #111 of 225

Quote:
This thread started in March, it's now September and we haven't gotten a meet together.  We are pathetic

Great for me since I just moved to Venice,,,, count me in.

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #112 of 225
Ok guys..

I think I might be able to help you out as I newly relocated to LA.

I have a 2 million dollar Beach front condo in Venice. 3 strides to the sand. The Boss has agreed to allow me to host you guys- provided you don't scuff up the floors...lol.. she's a Trojan BTW.

We have 4 bathrooms, its 2780 sq feet.... 3 bedrooms 3 fireplaces... ocean view..and for those interested they can try my "Ocean Dither" thing...ie see how adding dither to open headphones can lower the noise floor...

I also have a fantastic audio system so you guys would be able to see what hi-fi can do. OUR NEIGHBORS HATE US...

So the only other stipulation other than no 420, is you have to either park on the street (on Pacific or nearby) or in the Beach parking lot off of Washington.

Afterwards we could go for burgers, beer, and live music at any of our local venues...  If you want to surf... you can bring a board or rent one nearby for about $10. 

I have a TTVJ Millet tube portable, a bunch of ALO Imod and Ipod Docks, a 5.5 G 80 GB Imod, Ultrasone Edition 9 with APS V3 cable upgrade.

Home system:
Infinity RS1-b's (two sets) 
(2) Bryston 28sst Mono Blocks (on loan) 100 watts each
(2) Aesthetix atlas hybrid tube amps 400 wpc
Wadia 860x 24/96  CDPlayer/DAC with great Northern Sound Statement level upgrade and USB input.

I've got a dining room table 6'9" long, tons of granite kitchen counter tops, lots of coffee tables, I think enough room to spread out gear.

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #113 of 225
Sounds great, i moved out of Venice just over 3 years ago and now i Santa Monica.  The only problem is we will need a loading area to bring in the heavier equipment.  Date???

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #114 of 225
i will most likely be there, and i havent heard very many different headphones so i am excited to try out some brands. i already know i like audio technicas, so if anyone has any i would love to demo them and any other headphones with sexy mids! i love my mids.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #115 of 225
Thanks for offering up a venue Golden Ears! Are we still planning for the 16th of Oct.?  I too would need a loading area of sorts since my amp alone weighs 70+ pounds
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #116 of 225
Very nice of you Golden Ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
 You might consider starting up a thread with the date and a running gear list as I'm sure people have stopped reading this thread.  I would be more than happy to keep the gear and attendee list up to date for you.  Let me know.  

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #117 of 225
The 16th is my dad's 80th birthday. If it can be any other weekend, I'll be there!
L3000.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #119 of 225
I'm in for anywhere in SO CAL. 

So is the OCT.16th at UCLA bid off? 

Wherever it is I'll bring all the gear in my sig. 

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #120 of 225
OK I am still up for hosting this on the 16th. For those that can't make it... I'll host another one.

There is a huge beach parking lot right next to me. Let's keep this to the first 25 people who sign up.

I have a great reference system and for some this may be their only chance to hear a true high resolution sound system....frankly few audio stores can set systems up well.

Please Bring all Mobile Fidelity recordings that you have ...mostly because I like to audition these prior to buying as I have bought so many "poor" Master recordings. We can listen to them on the big system.

Brystons and Asthetix amps are gone. ..replaced by BIG and jumbo torroidal transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back