IC: los angeles mini-meet near UCLA
Mar 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 225

jawang

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone interested in a meet around the UCLA area? My apartment is fairly large and I'd be glad to offer it, we've hosted 30+ person parties before so I'm sure with a little cleanup we could comfortably host 10-15 head-fiers. Alternatively, I could try to reserve a room on the UCLA campus, which would host significantly more people (but no free parking if we do this).

I'd prefer to plan ahead of time, so for now I am thinking about a date sometime in May if there is interest. Let me know!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 225
I should be able to go. I don't think I'm going to bring all the gear again, but the favorites should make it (maybe the Stax Omega/Omega 2/Sigma/Lambda). I'll post a gear list when the date gets set. Either an apartment or on campus is fine by me, but I don't think anybody should get the idea that parking will be vastly different one way or the other. Unless your apartment is a good ways away from campus or you have a bunch of parking spots, finding free parking is usually a nightmare in Westwood.
biggrin.gif
If worst comes to worst, I don't think it costs too much to park in structure 8 for instance.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 225
Interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be able to go. I don't think I'm going to bring all the gear again, but the favorites should make it (maybe the Stax Omega/Omega 2/Sigma/Lambda). I'll post a gear list when the date gets set. Either an apartment or on campus is fine by me, but I don't think anybody should get the idea that parking will be vastly different one way or the other. Unless your apartment is a good ways away from campus or you have a bunch of parking spots, finding free parking is usually a nightmare in Westwood.
biggrin.gif
If worst comes to worst, I don't think it costs too much to park in structure 8 for instance.

I live closer to culver city (near century city mall) and there is lots of free street parking
smily_headphones1.gif

Again, the only problem with using my apartment is that it's an apartment. It's relatively large, but in order to keep things comfortable and conducive to listening I think I'd have cap it to 10-15 people.

Have meets ever been held on UCLA's campus before? I have some contacts that could help reserve a room (most likely conference rooms in the tennis courts, or sunset rec, or ackerman), but I am worried about the parking situation, as well as the issue of moving gear to and from the room.

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #7 of 225
Sorry, was under the impression that your apartment was near Gayley and Veteran.

I think the apartment would be a good deal better for a meet for a few reasons:

-Parking as you mentioned is a big deal and it could be trouble for those not familiar with the campus. Some gear is very heavy and transporting it to certain areas on campus would be a pretty long walk no matter where you park.

-Meets usually last a large part of the day. They typically run from 6-9 hours from what I've seen. You might want to take this into consideration if you have it at your place. I'm not sure how much trouble it'd be to reserve a conference room for a day.

-The conference rooms I've seen are usually pretty small, and might not be large enough for 10 or more people. Actually, there is one conference room that is quite large with plenty of tables in Covel Commons, but I can't remember if that was a conference room or an open public room.

To my knowledge, there has never been a meet at UCLA. Hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'd probably get mugged
wink.gif

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back