IC: (Another) GTA/Toronto Meet?
Oct 26, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #196 of 301
Hey Nick,

I bought a Cardas mini-mini cable from fellow Head-Fier cantsleep a few weeks ago to tide me over until I had the funds for my ALO cable. I'll no longer be needing it. It has two Neutrik Nickel 1/8 connectors on it. It's yours if you feel up to the task.

[Edit] (yes, I add to almost every post I make. Don't want to "cheap" my way to supremeus!
rolleyes.gif
) Nick, since I should be getting this stuff soon, let me know if you want to meet up - I can toss you a pair of whatever is coming to review until the meet. Your review of the d-Jay was outstanding and I'm SHURE (sorry) the company would appreciate the press. I'm looking forward to this meet - I think we can expect one hell of a collection of impressions afterward.

Also, Jonny, I am REALLY looking forward to hearing those 2200s. The colour scheme is dead sexy, and they've gotten some good hype lately. Besides, gold-plated drivers could make anyone curious, no?

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #197 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Hey Nick,

I bought a Cardas mini-mini cable from fellow Head-Fier cantsleep a few weeks ago to tide me over until I had the funds for my ALO cable. I'll no longer be needing it. It has two Neutrik Nickel 1/8 connectors on it. It's yours if you feel up to the task.

Awesome! Now if only I could find a bit more cable I'd be in business.

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #198 of 301
I'm not sure if I'm welcome or whatever, but if I am, I thought I'de add that Alucard (some of you may remember him from the last Toronto meet), might be willing to come. He would have nothing to bring though except for maybe some food and music on hard drives like me. Our $5 could help pay for the room though.

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #199 of 301
unfortunately my dt880 which are being recabled (probably a waste of money) will not be in Canada, so all I have to bring to the table are my um2 and supermini... i hope that is okay. i just looked at the map and finally became very excited as that made it so much more realistic... dreamt about this sort of thing for years... sad however that is.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #200 of 301
Quote:

since that wont be enough for recabling headphones, and I currently use an IC I made with cat5 cable and $1 connectors.... any chance you might want to sell it on the cheap?

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #201 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Also, Sean and Jay.... I do drive a hatchback. Has a good stereo though!

It seems as though RedLeader may be travelling in a slightly larger vehicle (mine), which is a very large Oldsmobile 88 sedan. This should be slightly more comfortable for a few more people + gear if necessary.
580smile.gif

I haven't officially sent in my "I'll be there!" PM yet, but I'll do so shortly!

(Oh, in case anyone is wondering where I came from and who I am, I'm the scruffy looking individual that's been lurking around here for quite some time, unfortunately I don't post very often as I'm busy. Or lazy. I can't remember.)

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #202 of 301
turns out this clown might make it to a meet, I've only invited him to every single one so far. Thanks to me the guy has some HD580, a broken Rio Karma and his girlfriend has my PX100. Oh how I spread the head-fi love!

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #203 of 301
datamorph - where do you live?

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #204 of 301
RedLeader and The_Duke_Of_Eli... there appears to be some competition.

The cable is not worth reselling - cantsleep gave me a deal on it, so I would rather just give it away. The cable itself is only about 2 inches, tip to tip, so it is... short. Very short. The Neutrik terminations are pretty nice though, and there are TWO of them - Leader, were you looking to use the leftovers to make an IC, or to recable? Nick has already gotten "dibs" on one of them, as his K81DJ cable died.

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #205 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
datamorph - where do you live?

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the welcome! I hail from North Waterloo.

And yes, my poor, poor wallet has never been the same since I heard someones HD-590s about 3 years back. After that, Red pointed me here and all hope was lost.
580smile.gif
Oh well, being poor simply never sounded so good before ..

Oct 27, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #207 of 301
Quote:

Leader, were you looking to use the leftovers to make an IC, or to recable? Nick has already gotten "dibs" on one of them, as his K81DJ cable died.

Oh, I have a couple extra cheapo terminations here, I just would like a bit of cable to make a mini-mini IC for my LDM + H120 thats better than cat5 cable

Oct 27, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #209 of 301
Unfortunately, we won't be trying out any loaner pairs of IEMs. But the package is not meant to go back to Shure. Why?

The fine folks at Shure have been generous enough to supply us with four packs of 100 replacement sleeves. In all, there are:

300 foamies
100 tri-flanges

Good news for those of us coming that use IEMs! You won't be needing to buy replacements any time soon! Those of you who don't buy new ones anyway... here's your chance to finally get rid of those grubby, browned and stinky tips.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #210 of 301
Quote:

Unfortunately, we won't be trying out any loaner pairs of IEMs. But the package is not meant to go back to Shure. Why?

The fine folks at Shure have been generous enough to supply us with four packs of 100 replacement sleeves. In all, there are:

300 foamies
100 tri-flanges

Good news for those of us coming that use IEMs! You won't be needing to buy replacements any time soon! Those of you who don't buy new ones anyway... here's your chance to finally get rid of those grubby, browned and stinky tips.

Wow, that is really awesome. I guess I can leave my rubbing alcohol at home now
tongue.gif
And, I can also take back my trade offer for tri-flanges!

Am I the only one that is bringing the e500s? I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay, but I'll try to give everyone that wants to, a listen.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back