IC: (Another) GTA/Toronto Meet?
Nov 3, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #228 of 301
we should attend this later

doors open at 7:00
eek.gif

http://worldrps.com/index.php?option...=207&Itemid=73

Nov 4, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #230 of 301
well... turns out not only are we getting some samples from v-moda, they're being overly generous and sending several pairs, all of which I will raffle off! But I have to admit right now, I may be tempted to make sure I get a pair first
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #231 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
well... turns out not only are we getting some samples from v-moda, they're being overly generous and sending several pairs, all of which I will raffle off! But I have to admit right now, I may be tempted to make sure I get a pair first
wink.gif

I'll call for one too! Raffling them off is good, but of course we'll never know how many you really do get
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #232 of 301
Wow! Very, very cool. Looks like the GTA crew will have the honours of posting the first impressions? Please put me in the raffle - SR225+Toque=crappy.

We're a week away, if anyone hadn't noticed. Those of you who were getting a ride from me, shoot me a PM with details - I believe I still have room for one more.
Also, I think I should be upfront. I'm trying to devise some kind of "security" measures to ensure our private meet stays private. Nick and I had discussed a few options on how to "verify" who we're letting in, but I've been thinking and a lot of the options were either overbearing on the person trying to get in (ID cross checks, etc.) or too cumbersome (equipment cross checks, etc.).

What I have decided to do, is simply create a list of names, and PM each of you a password that will act like a ticket of sorts. I think this works, as I'll be able to simply check your name off the attendee list and we're done with it. Please let me know if you think that's a solid idea or if you have any other suggestions.

Also, if there are any details I may have missed, or special requests to make, now is the time to bring it up. Gettin' to the nitty gritty here.

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #233 of 301
I think we'll only be getting 1 or 2 vibe, but 5 or 6 bass freq and remix. So I'll bring what I get, let people listen to them and whoever is interested after a listen, I will add their names to a hat for each model. You CAN win 2 sets, but only if everyone else who wants one of that set has one. You can enter over at the table with the K81DJ, HD580, LDM, Dell Lappy, EB01 and External HD (I'm not lugging my alienware, I decided) Sound fair?

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #234 of 301
Sounds fair to me.

I did pop into Tranzac to just finalize a few details. I think the room is a little smaller than I remember it - probably about as deep as the UofT room, but much wider and more open. Also, there are WAY more spots for tables and chairs, so with the 25 or so of us showing up, I think we should be comfortable.

Also, for those interested, apparently Tranzac is having a very highly regarded Jazz drummer from New York come in on Saturday night. I'm not sure who he is, or which band he's playing with, but it could be a good performance.

[EDIT] Oh yea, If we get cold, we can even throw a couple of logs into the fireplace! Snap!

Nov 5, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #236 of 301
Hello, it looks like my Supermini is held up quite a bit now as it was returning for repairs/upgrades, but has not made it out of USA yet, so I am not sure it will come. However, my friend's ATH-900 AT's will come instead, along with my um2 and koss ksc75, sorry my headphiled dt880 are not in for the count. Looking forward to our meet. Cheers

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #237 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
we bringing our own tables/chairs or just power strips?

Nah, there are lots of tables and chairs... although if you have the space to transport a particularly comfortable listening chair, by all means do so!
biggrin.gif

Is anyone particularly interested in loudspeakers at all? RedLeader and I had thrown out the idea of bringing a couple of pairs of bookshelves, but if it's not necessary, might as well save the weight/hassle.

Oh - and a reminder, if anyone has powerstrips or extension cords, please bring them if possible. I think we're OK for extensions, but depending on how much AC will be at this thing, you can never go wrong with too many powerbars.

Nov 5, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #239 of 301
Yea, me too.... less than a week to go!

We'll have a little more room to breath this time around, but I'm starting to wish I got a bigger space - Had to keep cost down too though. As I mentioned earlier, I think the room has a better USE of it's space, so we should be able to arrange listening stations with plenty of room to breath and mingle.

We have a pretty good turnout - definitely not a mini-meet, by any means!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back