IC: (Another) GTA/Toronto Meet?
Oct 28, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #211 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Unfortunately, we won't be trying out any loaner pairs of IEMs. But the package is not meant to go back to Shure. Why?

The fine folks at Shure have been generous enough to supply us with four packs of 100 replacement sleeves. In all, there are:

300 foamies
100 tri-flanges

Good news for those of us coming that use IEMs! You won't be needing to buy replacements any time soon! Those of you who don't buy new ones anyway... here's your chance to finally get rid of those grubby, browned and stinky tips.

That's alot of tips. A big thanks goes out to Shure for sending them. I can't wait to grab a handful of tips.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #212 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger
Am I the only one that is bringing the e500s? I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay, but I'll try to give everyone that wants to, a listen.

Sign me up. I'd love to have a while with them.

-Nick

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #214 of 301
Quote:

300 foamies
100 tri-flanges

holy crap, 400 tips! Thanks Shure!

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #215 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger
You're first on the list Nick!

I got 2nd!

EDIT:
Not wanting to make 3 posts in a row (2 is bad enough) I can say that we shall have samples from another little known distributor!

They are the headphones of V-Moda website here and I think we will be getting a pair of the brand-new-not-release-until-nov-6th vibe phones

Here's to more headfi love, and I'm sure we all look forward to hearing these classy looking cans!

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #216 of 301
Well, that is too bad, but the foamies will allow me to give the E500's a good listen.
wink.gif

I might grab a few to send to a buddy in Poland... he recently bought my E4's, and I only had one pair of foamies left.

EDIT: Man, I HATE websites that play music with no easy way of making it stop.

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #218 of 301
Great work, Red! I was reading that V-moda Vibe thread yesterday, and the CEO of the company piped in to talk about the stuff... I was actually gonna PM him this afternoon, but it looks like we're covered!

Those of you who haven't seen them, they're very, very pretty. Can't wait to hear if their sound matches the exterior. The frequency graph looks promising.

Oct 28, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #219 of 301
I'm going to be doing a bit of e-mail Q&A with the moda CEO, asking about their design philosophies, response curves and the like. Anything you boys would like me to add?

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #220 of 301
Quote:

Don't you just love it when a friend turns you on to new and crazy ways to extend your working life?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, the problem is I'm good enough at doing that myself!
580smile.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #221 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
I'm going to be doing a bit of e-mail Q&A with the moda CEO, asking about their design philosophies, response curves and the like. Anything you boys would like me to add?

No, not from me, anyway... to be honest, as pretty and promising as those buds look, the company itself reminds me of B&O, which acually puts me off immediately. The idea of gear as fashion and hence designed as fashion is kinda creepy. Very 80's elitist, if you know what I mean.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear them though. The comments from the CEO, if they're to be believed, indicates he has a product that was designed with equal parts design AND sonics in mind.

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #222 of 301
Hi Guys
I just thought I'd ask, is anybody coming from Mississauga? I'm at Wolfedale and Dundas and don't have a car, I was intending on taking Transit & TTC but wouldn't mind a ride. It would help with carrying gear like a couple of power-bars, etc.
I'm really looking forward to this now, all those Foamies and Tri-Flanges, I could use a small handful right about now, everytime I try and find some they're out of stock!

Cheers

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #223 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by doxaman
Hi Guys
I just thought I'd ask, is anybody coming from Mississauga? I'm at Wolfedale and Dundas and don't have a car, I was intending on taking Transit & TTC but wouldn't mind a ride. It would help with carrying gear like a couple of power-bars, etc.
I'm really looking forward to this now, all those Foamies and Tri-Flanges, I could use a small handful right about now, everytime I try and find some they're out of stock!

Cheers

You can come with me. I'm at Dundas and Glengarry. Is that close enough or what?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #224 of 301
Hi Konig,

Are you coming to this meeting on Nov. 11? If you are coming, I would love to hear LessLoss DAC and their SPDIF cable and power cords. I could drag in my CEC transport, BiDat DAC and AKG 701 cans. In a worst case I could also bring Larry Moore's 45 SET amplifier which I use as a headphone amp for the 701 cans.

Regards,

TonyB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back