IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Nov 5, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #91 of 107
Hello All,

My Meier Headsix is finally here (it sounds fantastic right out of the box), if anyone is interested in hearing it give me a Pm and we can meet up. I also have the New Limited edition Copper mini to mini and Doc to mini cables from Turbo (Version 13.5)

Enjoy

May 19, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #92 of 107
Hello my fellow Albertans!

I'm relatively new to Head-Fi. I browsed for years as a non-member and finally signed up. In any case, I consider myself a 'noob' when it comes to headphones and audio but lately it's become somewhat of a passion.

I'd be curious to know how the Edmonton meet went last October and whether it is worth it for me to start an IC thread for a Calgary meet this year? Even though I'm a 'noob', I will volunteer [GULP] my time to book a location and co-ordinate the event.

Any feedback from attendees of the Edmonton meet would be appreciated... thanks!!

May 20, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #93 of 107
Hi AgentXXL,

I'm all for another Alberta meet. The first time we had it, there were 9 people in attendance, and the third time (the second time was pretty much a no-go) we had a similar number that doesn't come to mind immediately. Both times we did it, we had a blast, although I will admit I wish more people came. I'd be delighted if we could do this in Calgary, as this gives me a chance to relax for once during a meet and take plenty of pictures for memory's sake; it also gives me an excuse to leave town. Tell me what you think.

May 24, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me what you think.

6 days later and only 1 reply leaves little to think about. I'm guessing that there isn't a very big community of enthusiasts in our neck of the woods, or that the arrival of spring/summer has everyone engaging in outdoor pursuits already. I'll certainly leave it open for further discussion, maybe with a suggestion that the meet occur sometime in the fall. Do you think I should post it as a separate IC thread?

I'm very much a beginner at this whole game, but I'm enthusiastic and passionate enough to want to meet like-minded locals and hear their experiences. Hopefully it will happen...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #95 of 107
any Calgarians?

May 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #96 of 107
Totti: I am from Calgary... which is why I wanted to arrange the next Alberta meet for here. Not that I don't mind driving to other locales in our province, but since the last one was in Edmonton, Calgary seemed logical.

I am however open to the idea of a meet almost anywhere in the province, especially if it means we can get a decent turnout.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #98 of 107
I'm interested in a calgary meet but we would have to look at early spring. By then I'll have a new source, plus the idea of walking my gear in the outside cold and down icy sidewalks is not to appealing. We could always do a meet sans gear.

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #99 of 107
Count me in for Calgary.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #100 of 107
I'll be working in Calgary for my co-op during the next eight months, so Calgary would be good for me too. I'm not familiar with the area as much as Edmonton, but I'd like to help out as much as people commit. There are few things more disappointing than sitting in an empty room for half an hour.

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #101 of 107
I'm in Calgary as well, if this is happening for 2009 I am in, I've never been to a audiophile meet before.
It would be nice to meet the other enthusiasts, especially atleast to my knowledge not too many of us in our neck of the woods.

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #102 of 107
I'm a total noob when it comes to audio and I'm just now starting to get into it so meeting up with you guys in Calgary would be a great oppoortunity for me to learn first hand what it means to be an audiophile =D.

Oct 18, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #103 of 107
And the thread rises from the grave
biggrin.gif

Anyway I'm always happy to host people, the only thing is days are for homework and studying so if anyone wants to do a mini-meet next weekend that would be cool.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #104 of 107
I would be up for that, does it warrant a new thread instead of this old one with a missleading title?

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #105 of 107
Well I could host a meet not this weekend (heading back up to Edmonton) but next weekend (the 7th or the 8th). Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back