ibasso t3 is out.
Nov 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
It says its $119 USD, why is it $10 more than the t4? Also, what is the supposed diference between the two other than the t3 having more battery life?

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 42
Doesnt even look that much different than the t4
confused.gif

Nov 1, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 42
It is the same case as the T4 but the layout is totally different and the sound is very, very good. Great bass, openness and transparency.

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 42
There is no bass boost as the bass is excellent on this amp. You have three gain positions for tuning to just what you need.

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no bass boost as the bass is excellent on this amp. You have three gain positions for tuning to just what you need.

Hm. Thanks for answering so quickly. And the issue of the T3D?

I'm assuming this whole thing is an upgrade to the T4 despite its lower-number denomination.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 42
Looks quite nice.
For anyone looking for a highly portable amplifier without doing the wallet too much harm.

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the issue of the T3D?

I'm curious about this too. Assuming the volume pot on the T3 is of good quality (and won't break down into crackling fits over time), what is the advantage of going with the digital-volume-control model? I can foresee the digital controller being problematic if the stepping between volume levels is too severe (as with the FiiO E5)...

BTW, do any early testers know if the T3 would increase the bass impact of the Shure SRH840s?

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, do any early testers know if the T3 would increase the bass impact of the Shure SRH840s?

I saw your thread earlier on this subject. I have the T4 with the Etymotic ER-4P and I can tell you that it really gave the cans that little extra bit of bass to even things out. I'm guessing, then, that the T3 would do this as well.

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #12 of 42
I ordered mine this morning. Been waiting for it to come out and knew they would be added to the website today. This is my first amp, so I am very excited!

The T3D will be available in about 2 more weeks they told me in an email.

Sproles

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 42
Okay, so the t3 is supposedly better than the t4? Since there is no bass boost what if theres too much bass/too little. Then you cant really adjust it. Another thing, what is the difference between the 3ch and 4ch with headphone amps???

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by oakleyguy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so the t3 is supposedly better than the t4? Since there is no bass boost what if theres too much bass/too little. Then you cant really adjust it.

Adust the EQ on your source?
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back