iBasso SR3 — 150Ω version of the SR2
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #256 of 281
Do you also sell replacement cables for the original SR-1? I have that model but one side cuts out a little unless I'm very still with the headphones on my head. I tried to use my Shure SRH-1540 cables (which also use MMCX) but if I remember correctly, they weren't recessed enough to fit into the headphone cups, unfortunately.

I have a balanced MMCX cable also from a third party, made for the SR-1, but those also cut out a little on that side -- is it perhaps something like I need to clean that socket?
I use some alcohol and a small brush to clean the MMCX and USB ports. It works well.

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #259 of 281
SR3: $599. Meze 109 Pro: $799. I was looking forward to purchasing the 109 Pro when they first came out because I thought they would sell for $599. In my opinion the 109 Pro is overpriced at $799 in comparison to their competition, but I guess their higher price is due to being manufactured in Europe instead of China.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #260 of 281
I wonder if anyone has been able to compare the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO to the iBasso SR3? Interestingly, the DT 1990 also comes with two pairs of pads providing for different tunings.

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #263 of 281
I think I've been talking about the Ibasso Sr3 in the wrong thread
I wish Head-Fi implemented a notification system that separates normal thread replies from comment and tag replies. I miss 99% of comments from Head Gear, even comments under my own reviews! When you get 100s of notifications a day, it's so easy to lose track of individual replies :frowning2:

Anyway, I hope you can ask more direct questions here. You are likely to get more replies on here than on Head Gear.

Jan 23, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #265 of 281
How is these headphones compare to Meze 109 Pro? Especially in terms of thick and lush vocals and instrument timbre naturalness.
It depends on which pads you utilize. Either choice, these aren't going to be quite as warm and rich sounding as the 109. With the 2nd set of pads, you will get a more linear presentation with less bass than the 109. With the installed pads, you will get a touch more low end than the 109, but the presence region will be considerably smoother and darker. You won't get the same level of mid bass punch either way. The star of the show imo with the SR2 and 3 is the mids. So that part is similar. These aren't knocks on the SR, it's an incredible sounding set. I haven't heard or come across anything as competitive at the price. I'm just describing tuning differences. Both headphones and lively, fun, and dynamic.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #268 of 281
I haven't heard or come across anything as competitive at the price.
Hmm, that's really bold to say.

As much as I like SR3, I own a few in the same price range or lower, and I like them the same, if not even more.

For one, I can say that is keeping the throne and is unbeatable.

This is a really personal thing, but more than a few can match easily.

That doesn't mean that SR are not that good; it just means that there is more to look at except SR3.

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #269 of 281
Hmm, that's really bold to say.

As much as I like SR3, I own a few in the same price range or lower, and I like them the same, if not even more.

For one, I can say that is keeping the throne and is unbeatable.

This is a really personal thing, but more than a few can match easily.

That doesn't mean that SR are not that good; it just means that there is more to look at except SR3.

Cheers!
So which headphones?

Jan 24, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #270 of 281
I own many headphones to compare to and to me, the SR3 are right up there with the top headphones. I have heard others in the same price range and for me, no they are not as good, as spacious, bass impact and real. I listen to live music, amped and un amped and that is my true barometer, not other recorded music, but live sounds. The SR3 IMO, strike way above what the price would indicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back