iBasso SR2 Reaching for more music.
Apr 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #136 of 205
Not sure why someone would get that impression but to me, they are not bass lean. More to do with the amp as I find them to be pretty truthful to the source.
The impressions for this headphone are all over the place, as are the available measurements.

I'm inclined to believe you though considering the TOTL headphones you've got experience with.

Apr 10, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #138 of 205
The impressions for this headphone are all over the place, as are the available measurements.

I'm inclined to believe you though considering the TOTL headphones you've got experience with.
Somebody stated that they have "almost" planar like bass, "almost" electrostatic like mids, and more of a dynamic type treble. While this isn't exactly accurate, I can understand where he was coming from. Now you should be really good and confused. It's a headphone you just have to hear for yourself.

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #139 of 205
Somebody stated that they have "almost" planar like bass, "almost" electrostatic like mids, and more of a dynamic type treble. While this isn't exactly accurate, I can understand where he was coming from. Now you should be really good and confused. It's a headphone you just have to hear for yourself.
I already put in an order actually. I'm betting it all that these are my unicorn. 🦄

Planar Bass. So when I think of planar bass I think of a very snappy, low decay bass with pneumatic punch - artificial but oh so clean and precise.

Or is it the linearity and lack of bass hump that you're referring to?

Electrostatic mids. Haven't heard any estats yet but I've read that they can sound sort of inflated, shouty, boxy in the mids. If I raise the mids with EQ on my flat studio monitors, it highlights the mids in an interesting way as long as it's not too much.

Dynamic treble, so it should have realistic grit and timbre at the expense of sounding a little grainy, strained or unresolving compared to other topologies.

On paper this coloration does not sound too bad but then again it's reminiscent of Crins measurements and his disappointing critique.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #140 of 205
I already put in an order actually. I'm betting it all that these are my unicorn. 🦄

Planar Bass. So when I think of planar bass I think of a very snappy, low decay bass with pneumatic punch - artificial but oh so clean and precise.

Or is it the linearity and lack of bass hump that you're referring to?

Electrostatic mids. Haven't heard any estats yet but I've read that they can sound sort of inflated, shouty, boxy in the mids. If I raise the mids with EQ on my flat studio monitors, it highlights the mids in an interesting way as long as it's not too much.

Dynamic treble, so it should have realistic grit and timbre at the expense of sounding a little grainy, strained or unresolving compared to other topologies.

On paper this coloration does not sound too bad but then again it's reminiscent of Crins measurements and his disappointing critique.
Just give them a listen when you get them, and report back 😁

May 9, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #142 of 205
It's just that I like to theorize and research a huge amount before any kind of purchase 😅

Will do 👍
Pretty keen to gear your impressions as well, I just heard of these and zeos review captured exactly what I wanted. Although the negative reviews are making me a bit worried.

He described them as smooth and relaxing which is what I was hoping for, shrill and bright is not. so if they really have such a large discrepancy I dont want to risk spending so much.

May 9, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #143 of 205
Pretty keen to gear your impressions as well, I just heard of these and zeos review captured exactly what I wanted. Although the negative reviews are making me a bit worried.

He described them as smooth and relaxing which is what I was hoping for, shrill and bright is not. so if they really have such a large discrepancy I dont want to risk spending so much.
While everyone hears differently, I can't imagine referring to these as shrill and bright. I wouldn't own them if that was what I was hearing.

May 9, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #144 of 205

Anyone that hears these as shrill and bright needs to get something changed upstream or their hearing checked. :^). They are not that.

May 9, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #145 of 205
Anyone that hears these as shrill and bright needs to get something changed upstream or their hearing checked. :^). They are not that.

Agreed, very natural balanced tonality.

May 9, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #146 of 205
It is suggested that difference in pads causes big changes in sound. That would explain polarized opinions and measurements.
Screenshot_20210509-231549__01.jpg

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #147 of 205
Hello,
I bought these headphones recently, but it was a b-stock piece (and also last one) and the 6,3 mm screw adapter is missing. The retailer tried to get me some replacement, but the size of the screw was different (wider). I learned that for example Beyerdynamic changed their from M8 to M5 in 2019..
As iBasso doesn't offer spare adapter, can anybody direct me to some particular adapter that will fit technically? If you have some spare ones from other companies, can you try them and tell which ones fit?
Thanks for any input.
QBass

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #148 of 205
Hello,
I bought these headphones recently, but it was a b-stock piece (and also last one) and the 6,3 mm screw adapter is missing. The retailer tried to get me some replacement, but the size of the screw was different (wider). I learned that for example Beyerdynamic changed their from M8 to M5 in 2019..
As iBasso doesn't offer spare adapter, can anybody direct me to some particular adapter that will fit technically? If you have some spare ones from other companies, can you try them and tell which ones fit?
Thanks for any input.
QBass
Hmmm...perhaps you can run a mini plug in adapter...or get it reTerminated

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #149 of 205
Bonjour,
J'ai acheté ces écouteurs récemment, mais c'était une pièce b-stock (et aussi la dernière) et l'adaptateur à vis 6,3 mm est manquant. Le détaillant a essayé de me remplacer, mais la taille de la vis était différente (plus large). J'ai appris que par exemple Beyerdynamic a changé leur de M8 à M5 en 2019..
Comme iBasso ne propose pas d'adaptateur de rechange, quelqu'un peut-il me diriger vers un adaptateur particulier qui conviendra techniquement ? Si vous en avez des pièces de rechange d'autres entreprises, pouvez-vous les essayer et dire lesquelles vous conviennent ?
Merci pour toute contribution.
QBass
Bonsoir, l'adaptateur de la marque Rha a les mêmes pas de vis.

Attachments

• IMG-20210711-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210711-WA0000.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #150 of 205
@Paul - iBasso sorry for off-topic.
Can I have a question?
Are ibasso staffs working as usuall?
I order 2 pairs of PT1 pad directly from ibasso.com and payment immediatly at the order time (8/Aug) by Paypal.
It is like I got no reply email from Ibasso.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back