Ibasso PB5 the next dedicated portable Amplifier
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #406 of 455
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #407 of 455
Thank you very much for your concern. Well my situation is my wife passed away 3 years ago at the age of 41 from a brain anorism. I am a single parent of a 11 year old little boy and I was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer just over a year ago. Thankfully I am currently in remission.

I often ask myself the same question of who pisses in my cornflakes every morning? 🤔😂
Sorry for your losses, I hope music will help you out. Enjoy your music :)

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #408 of 455
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #409 of 455
Thank you very much for your concern. Well my situation is my wife passed away 3 years ago at the age of 41 from a brain anorism. I am a single parent of a 11 year old little boy and I was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer just over a year ago. Thankfully I am currently in remission.

I often ask myself the same question of who pisses in my cornflakes every morning? 🤔😂

Sorry to hear about your family loss. Hope you and your boy take care and enjoy the music.

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #410 of 455
Apr 8, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #411 of 455

So is that going to be your excuse every time you're crappy to people?

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #412 of 455
Sorry to hear about your family loss. Hope you and your boy take care and enjoy the music.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies to antdroid. My personal situation and stresses are no defence to the posts that I made. I am very sorry.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #413 of 455
So is that going to be your excuse every time you're crappy to people?

McCheese. My post that you quoted was in response to a humorous comment about my cereal.

In my wildest dreams, would I ever quote a post of this nature and make such a sanctimonious self riteous and accusatory statement that I use my personal situation as an excuse for my actions.

What is more concerning is that you quoted my post which includes a reference to the pain and suffering of my son who is a child.

I might be sick and on borrowed time of which I make no excuses but what is your excuse for being such a degenerate?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #414 of 455
I would like to take this opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies to antdroid. My personal situation and stresses are no defence to the posts that I made. I am very sorry.

Hey no problem. We've all had our bad days and just need to move on. I also understand my review was shorter than normal too and I'll likely follow up with a future review after spending a few more months with the amp. I love this thing! It pairs so well with my IEMs, but I will definitely need to try it out with my couple Hifiman headphones when I have a chance too based on your recommendation that they work well with it.

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #415 of 455
In my opinion reviews always need to be factual on functionalities and be the honest opinion of the reviewer on subjective things like sound. Whether it pleases or not the audience should never influence the reviewer. It is up to us consumers to read multiple reviews from multiple reviewers and also put in perspective the equipment used by the reviewer. It is sad that many times in the forum some people are not able to control themselves when an "opinion" does not match theirs on a specific equipment. If we continue doing that, we will eventually end up only with overly positive and biased reviews, which is already close to that.

BTW, this is only my opinion! :ksc75smile:

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #416 of 455
In my opinion reviews always need to be factual on functionalities and be the honest opinion of the reviewer on subjective things like sound. Whether it pleases or not the audience should never influence the reviewer. It is up to us consumers to read multiple reviews from multiple reviewers and also put in perspective the equipment used by the reviewer. It is sad that many times in the forum some people are not able to control themselves when an "opinion" does not match theirs on a specific equipment. If we continue doing that, we will eventually end up only with overly positive and biased reviews, which is already close to that.

BTW, this is only my opinion! :ksc75smile:
I agree with your opinion 👍

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #418 of 455
I agree with your opinion 👍
I agreed, reviewers also have their own capacity as to what gears they favors, trusted best, and what available on hands. However, even so, I would think that the less comparison is the better. Because the more diversified the comparison, the less accurate it is, for any subjective hobby that is.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #419 of 455
Hi @twister6 thank you for your great review. Helps me a lot considering my next steps to cure the itch regarding novelty seeking :)

I have some questions for you (and @Whitigir - thanks for your helpful comments & everybody), if that’s ok.

First, I read a lot about using a phone with the D16 vs. a DAP like the DX260 and some people think the DX260 is better because of different/better USB implementation. I’m a little lost here because for me, USB is in this case only used to transport data (zeros and ones) from Source to DAC and then the DAC does It’s magic, transforming the digital information into analog information. What happens to the zeros and ones if one USB implementation is better than the other, resulting in better or worse sound in the end? And if there’s really a difference, how big is it? Will I miss a lot when using my phone? (notifications and other distractions are also to be considered, of course. But let's focus on sound reproduction). I read Coax should even be better?

My second question would be, what do you think about using the PB5 together with the SP3000 through line-out with 4.4mm connection? I know you didn’t test it in your pre-work for the review but maybe you heard this combination? Even if not, do you think it made sense using both together?

My use-case would be driving the IEMs and headphones in my signature, maybe adding the Storm in the future. I want to achieve „great sound“, by adding a bit of different secret sauce like tube timbre (especially to my HD800s and Utopia, maybe also Mentor) and different tuning from the D16 stand-alone plus adding the SP3000 which gave me many options to play with and some kind of future-proofness (is this really a word?) because the player/Android part is separated from the DAC/AMP parts. Also I read a lot of improved soundstage with the PB5 and I’m totally in love with soundstage, so this would be very welcome for me.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
SP3000 through line-out 4.4 connection sound terrific with the PB5. I didn't get enough time with D16 but adding my Hugo 2 brings out even more ambient cues, finer details and further opens up the soundstage.

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #420 of 455
SP3000 through line-out 4.4 connection sound terrific with the PB5. I didn't get enough time with D16 but adding my Hugo 2 brings out even more ambient cues, finer details and further opens up the soundstage.
After receiving D16/PB5 and doing some critical listening and comparing, I sold the SP3000.

I loved the A&K but now somehow relieved that I don’t need a DAP anymore and I have so much versatility now with my amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back