Ibasso PB5 the next dedicated portable Amplifier
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #196 of 453
Yes!! The PB5 and D16 is of such unbelievable quality. It can tell a lot of things connecting to it.

Here is another experimenting of IC cables I crafted for the system. I have got a couple advises for people who hunt for IC cables as well

In the picture, you can also see one of my most cheeriest piece of LP in Mint condition :)

1/ Stock cables is of very good quality. It can out done some aftermarket one , or upgraded one. It most unbeatable aspect is the flexibility that it provides.

2/ There can be better IC, and improvement of imagines, textures, extensions, density, even dynamic can be gained. In this cables, I gained an improvement in all of the said above. Those are amethyst FYI

3/ Don’t use shielded cables, Coax or Analog IC. It has some degradations in staging deformity and losing extensions, or bites, depends on the ways the cables was made

IMG_1711.jpeg

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #197 of 453
What is the general consensus for the burn in time for the PB5 to reach its full potential?

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #198 of 453
My PB5 arrived! Very impressed with this one on initial impressions. Will have a good listen for a while!

img9418.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #201 of 453
3/ Don’t use shielded cables, Coax or Analog IC. It has some degradations in staging deformity and losing extensions, or bites, depends on the ways the cables was made

IMG_1711.jpeg

Interesting observation for shielded cables.

I recently bought a litz silver cable that is shielded by copper. It turned out really unaggressive feeling for the iem's I put it on. Also no special spacing between notes. Despite my expectations experiencing silver cables and also silver-plated copper cables.

I thought I may have been scammed, but having just read your sentence above..... wonder if this coincides with what you just said. Unless you just mean a typical foil shielded cable; not whatever my cable is doing.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #202 of 453
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club!!!
Thank you good to see you man! Always iBasso :relieved: They made another stellar product!

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #203 of 453
Interesting observation for shielded cables.

I recently bought a litz silver cable that is shielded by copper. It turned out really unaggressive feeling for the iem's I put it on. Also no special spacing between notes. Despite my expectations experiencing silver cables and also silver-plated copper cables.

I thought I may have been scammed, but having just read your sentence above..... wonder if this coincides with what you just said. Unless you just mean a typical foil shielded cable; not whatever my cable is doing.
That is what shielded cables would bring. Depends on the shielding, their degradations varies , but in the end, they degrade the sound. The D16 and PB5 show those effects pretty easily

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #204 of 453
That is what shielded cables would bring. Depends on the shielding, their degradations varies , but in the end, they degrade the sound. The D16 and PB5 show those effects pretty easily
Yes,I have noticed that shielding does degrade,or filter out some of the sound depending on quality of cable,however a really well made shielded cable drops the noise floor,and gives a blacker background.
also,has anyone compared coax out sound quality of 320m vs dx260?
my 320m coax out is really great,but dx260 is significantly lighter,and would be easier to carry with d16

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #207 of 453
Have any of you been able to try the PB5 together with the Cayin N30 LE?

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #208 of 453
Feb 6, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #209 of 453
@whitiigir
vince,are you able to fit all 3-d16,pb5 and 320m in your pelican case? It appears just the 320m plus pb5 looking at the pics,unless d16 is under foam ?
Yes, the D16 is paired with PB5 always as you can see the rubber bands I used on it. All 3 devices fit in that pelican case together with IC pieces as well under the foams in the side of 320M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back