iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier
Apr 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #151 of 249
  Ok, so my PB3 purchase didn't go well. Returned the unit immediately  - i liked it though in the few hours that i used it.
confused_face.gif

What happened?  Didn't like the sound from it?

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #152 of 249
  What happened?  Didn't like the sound from it?

i liked it but my unit has a lot of production issues - both cosmetically and function wise. Paul really can't do anything as I purchased it from a non-authorized dealer - Penon Audio

I appreciate the responsiveness of Penon support and they will be providing me full refund - but to say the least, i'm so disappointed on this event...

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #153 of 249
  Ok, so my PB3 purchase didn't go well. Returned the unit immediately  - i liked it though (in the few hours that i was using it)
confused_face.gif

I am sorry you had issues. From the images it appears that this was a unit that had been on the shelf as a demo model. There are 2 QC people that check each unit and from the images this is not something that would have normally gotten past them. Also each unit is checked for volume balance issues by test equipment.

To everyone, please make sure you are purchasing from an Authorized dealer. If in question you can contact me or the distributor for your area.

We will have the PB3 on our website in a short period of time.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #154 of 249
  I am sorry you had issues.

To everyone, please make sure you are purchasing from an Authorized dealer. If in question you can contact me or the distributor for your area.

We will have the PB3 on our website in a short period of time.

yeah, when you didn't reply to my last email i know what you were trying to say - realized it after a good night's rest...

you saw the photos that i sent - you may want to further look into QC/QA, really disappointed on what happened...i lost money on shipping too...

but please put the PB3 on your website ASAP as I checked there 1st even before considering Penon

I have another question, appreciate if you can check your email

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #155 of 249

yeah, when you didn't reply to my last email i know what you were trying to say - realized it after a good night's rest...

you saw the photos that i sent - you may want to further look into QC/QA, really disappointed on what happened...i lost money on shipping too...

but please put the PB3 on your website ASAP as I checked there 1st even before considering Penon

I have another question, appreciate if you can check your email

I know this can be very frustrating and I am truly sorry for your experience. We will have the PB3 up soon as well as the CB12, which is an excellent balanced cable. Anything that we have discontinued we no longer have stock of.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #156 of 249

i liked it but my unit has a lot of production issues - both cosmetically and function wise. Paul really can't do anything as I purchased it from a non-authorized dealer - Penon Audio

I appreciate the responsiveness of Penon support and they will be providing me full refund - but to say the least, i'm so disappointed on this event...

Sad to hear that, man.  Luckily, I have not had any bad/defective purchase from Penon up until now.  Well, if it were only available directly at the site then maybe I would've ordered from there.  But being as excited as usual, I pulled the trigger and got one from Penon.

I hope you'll get compensated for your loss, even in other ways.  The amp is good, you should get a one for your non-balanced DAP for portable use.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #157 of 249
  I know this can be very frustrating and I am truly sorry for your experience. We will have the PB3 up soon as well as the CB12, which is an excellent balanced cable. Anything that we have discontinued we no longer have stock of.

Yes, I know there's nothing that you can do. This is one hell of an experience indeed.

Sad to hear that, man.  Luckily, I have not had any bad/defective purchase from Penon up until now.  Well, if it were only available directly at the site then maybe I would've ordered from there.  But being as excited as usual, I pulled the trigger and got one from Penon.

I hope you'll get compensated for your loss, even in other ways.  The amp is good, you should get a one for your non-balanced DAP for portable use.

i don't know man - it was a short, sweet but bad experience with this amp. i really like how it sounds but i now have a small phobia on what happened. yes, Penon did mention that they'll give me full refund - i'll rest my case when i see the money back in my bank. other than that - no other compensation - i just made DHL more money....
frown.gif
confused_face.gif
mad.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #158 of 249
Yes, I know there's nothing that you can do. This is one hell of an experience indeed.

i don't know man - it was a short, sweet but bad experience with this amp. i really like how it sounds but i now have a small phobia on what happened. yes, Penon did mention that they'll give me full refund - i'll rest my case when i see the money back in my bank. other than that - no other compensation - i just made DHL more money.... :frowning2: :confused_face: :mad:

With the first batch of any new piece of gear, QC problems are always possible. This stuff happens, unfortunately. I wouldn't let this dissuade me, however, as iBasso stands by their products, and has Paul here to provide a direct contact for Headfiers.

Not all tech companies have such good customer service.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #159 of 249
With the first batch of any new piece of gear, QC problems are always possible. This stuff happens, unfortunately. I wouldn't let this dissuade me, however, as iBasso stands by their products, and has Paul here to provide a direct contact for Headfiers.

Not all tech companies have such good customer service.

i would agree that Paul is very responsive. yes, s%^& happens, i just hate it that i was on the receiving end.

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #160 of 249
@Paul - iBasso

I'm reluctant to press this any further, but if I don't keep the pressure on, we might never get an answer to this last remaining question regarding the PB3 specs:

Output power:   BAL Out:   Up to 480mW @64Ω(THD+N<0.1%);660mW @64Ω(THD+N<10%)      
                           UNBAL Out:  Up to 240mW @32Ω(THD+N 0.1%);330mW @32Ω(THD+N<10%)

Are these specs per channel or for the combined output of both channels?   

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #161 of 249
  @Paul - iBasso

I'm reluctant to press this any further, but if I don't keep the pressure on, we might never get an answer to this last remaining question regarding the PB3 specs:

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I thought I had answered this the other day but it seems I did not. This is per channel. Our measurements of this type are always per channel.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #162 of 249
I just received the PB3.. connected it to my DX80... Now, I have no desire to buy another DAP on the market, and I've had my eyes on a few. Pushing the HD650s beautifully. Articulate, smooth, airy, outstanding separation and soundstage.... maybe the combination of the DX80 and the PB3 is a great pairing--The PB3 refining the DX80's highs and retaining the wonderful soundstage.     

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #165 of 249

Thank you Paul!  I must have overlooked it - good news.  

I couldn't find my comment either. So I must have overlooked that I didn't answer you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back