iBasso PB1 Balanced Portable Headphone Amp
Sep 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
Just got my pb1 in and I must say, size wise it's smaller than I expected! Just imagine a rectangular Mouse and that's about how big it is a little bigger than your palm

Sound wise, I enjoy it. Nice tilt on the upper mids, bass is detailed and a little fluid which pairs nice with the SUPER solid bass of my Dt 880

Sound wise it's a tad bit laid back, not as fast as my Matrix M Stage but it has all the details. 

In addition it's more detailed and has more sound stage than my c5 did [but not by much]

NON the less, I'll do a proper review by the days end [including pictures] 

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
  are you using the pb1 balanced or unbalanced output? i would say you would tend to get a slightly larger soundstage with balanced

Actually I am using the SE out of the amp and the SE in to the amp from the DAC. My Balanced Interconnector won't be in for another week.

Still more on the sound, I like it. It's got a nice slighty laid back sound, upper mids are forward, as is the bass. I would call it a warm/dark amp. NOT by much but it's JUST enough to pair nice with my Sound Magic and Dt 880! [it's nice with all my cans except my w1000x] so it did exactly what I wanted it to! 

but I'm looking forward to hearing full balanced soon :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back