iBasso OEM Project
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #452 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuzoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's up to condition of the PCB.
If you would damage patterns on it, I can't assure to recover.

Cheeky... nothing will be damaged Ryuzoh, I'm very good with the soldering iron
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #453 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you were posting at the same time as me. those do not replace anything of the above. they are optional bypass caps; but I will be using something else here. mundorf MKP if they will fit, but otherwize i'm thinking even silver mica

Thanks Qusp for the prompt clarifications.

What is the plus point for using Mundorf MKP or silver mica over Blackgates? Would you like to explain.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #454 of 497
I was just thinking the same thing; I dont think ive ever seen blackgates so expensive!! how about the 2200uf at 300USD lol. I mean sure they're good caps and apparently they are running out; but OMG!! you can get some pretty serious caps for that

@ uvak
No problem, film caps are in my experience faster than even the best electrolytic caps (especially low capacitance) and the whole point of a bypass cap in many situations is to provide a path that undesired (or highly desired) components of the signal would rather take and that the larger capacity cap being bypassed may not have the ability to pass as efficiently. higher uf film caps are HUGE and in many cases in fact there is no equivalent. 10000uf films are rare and maaaasssive as well as expensive. small value film bypass caps can bring some of this benefit in a size and cost that is appropriate for this purpose.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #455 of 497
combined above

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #456 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Alright, relieved
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just thinking the same thing; I dont think ive ever seen blackgates so expensive!!

Agreed....and the stock is just only decreasing.....
Attachment 23906

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #457 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

so you keep saying
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #459 of 497
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #460 of 497
Black Gates are best bypassed with BG's. They sound the best if bypassing is used. I confirmed this over years as has Audio Note UK. It is the ways the frequencies are handled by bypassing and the way the larger cap interacts with the non BG's. But its all good.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #461 of 497
whatever ;') in a realm that is largely 'inaudible' I wonder how this was decided? i'll be performing my own tests thanks. I know you love BG Jon, but I personally feel that film caps always make better bypass caps

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #462 of 497
It isn't that I love BG's it is their special configuration of materials, esp the nonpolar, that makes them work and react differently from other lytics.

I have used Solen and the like and actually prefer BG's though I don't find solen very good unless they are bypassed with a good film cap and then the white overlay of texture they can impose is dealt with.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #463 of 497
yeah I know about the whole super E frame non-inductive thang, but I still find that no matter what, especially in the signal path there is something not quite right about the bass/lower mids. its somehow a touch tubby or something. to my taste and IMO perhaps its just too much of a good thing or something I dunno

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #464 of 497
I may use the eol panasonic am caps if i can't find bg. panasonic am caps is very transparent and open sounding

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #465 of 497
yeah I like the panas too, but tend to prefer the Nichicon KZ series. I prefer panas in analogue power supply though and sanyo SEPC in digital supplies. will be trying a SEPC, KZ, BG and silmic II version of the diamond buffers, I like the sepc though and they come in SMD version for more compact size in this application

Users who are viewing this thread

Back