iBasso OEM Project
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #466 of 497
Hi Ryuzoh,
are there some news about the MB-1 or MB-2 DAC?
Would be interested in one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #468 of 497
you will know, i'm sure there will be an announcement of some kind.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #471 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please forget this, lets all get the amazing new Predator, this one is not worth it.

Do what you want with your money and don't worry about mine. If you want a Predator (amp and DAC), there is one in the FS forum: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...edator-453984/ or if you are talking about the Protector (balanced amp), AFAIK Ray has yet to announce the price of that amp, let alone begun taking orders and shipping. In either case, if you are no longer interested in the fi.Quest please move on to the respective threads and leave this one for those who are interested in talking about the fi.Quest.

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #472 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do what you want with your money and don't worry about mine. If you want a Predator (amp and DAC), there is one in the FS forum: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...edator-453984/ or if you are talking about the Protector (balanced amp), AFAIK Ray has yet to announce the price of that amp, let alone begun taking orders and shipping. In either case, if you are no longer interested in the fi.Quest please move on to the respective threads and leave this one for those who are interested in talking about the fi.Quest.

I meant the protector and I'am your friend don't get angry, the guy who has posted here a lot you know him Jamato.

He is currently reviewing the protector and it is looking pretty nice
smily_headphones1.gif

remember I'am your friend

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #473 of 497
Quote:

Please forget this, lets all get the amazing new Predator, this one is not worth it.

mate, please dont give aussies a bad name on here, you have no experience of either amp, please do not pretend as if you do. I hope you are looking forward to recabling all your headphones. there is no indication that the protector will be anything but different to the FiQuest and I personally would prefer to buy a product that contains components that are openly divulged, I like to know where my money is going; I think you will find the protector is more expensive actually. jamato has said nothing of a comparison and owns both amps, so you are totally speaking out your ass
biggrin.gif

the FiQuest still has more voltage swing than the protector, which is the main benefit of a balanced amp, I doubt very much that it will put out 1.4W into 16 ohms, many good home amps wont do that. I dont see anywhere you can install your own parts to tune the sound to your exact taste either. 2 totally different products actually, that should and do appeal to 2 different types of people, those who care about having some degree of control over the sound they get (as long as its the maximum
wink.gif
and those who would prefer someone else did it for them and are prepared to accept that persons idea of what sounds best.

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #474 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mate, please dont give aussies a bad name on here, you have no experience of either amp, please do not pretend as if you do. I hope you are looking forward to recabling all your headphones. there is no indication that the protector will be anything but different to the FiQuest and I personally would prefer to buy a product that contains components that are openly divulged, I like to know where my money is going; I think you will find the protector is more expensive actually. jamato has said nothing of a comparison and owns both amps, so you are totally speaking out your ass
biggrin.gif

the FiQuest still has more voltage swing than the protector, which is the main benefit of a balanced amp, I doubt very much that it will put out 1.4W into 16 ohms, many good home amps wont do that. I dont see anywhere you can install your own parts to tune the sound to your exact taste either. 2 totally different products actually, that should and do appeal to 2 different types of people, those who care about having some degree of control over the sound they get (as long as its the maximum
wink.gif
and those who would prefer someone else did it for them and are prepared to accept that persons idea of what sounds best.

It is true about the re-cabling bit and John hasn't said anything about which is better.
Lets all wait and see what he has to say, his comments did imply that he was very excited with this new toy
smily_headphones1.gif

And sorry mate if I offended you and your Australinicity-whatever that means
atsmile.gif

Please don't get mad at me and promise to make me those balanced cables when the protector arrives
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #475 of 497
loving the facetious attitude, try to keep to gear youve heard and not just make stuff up

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #476 of 497
apologies to those who are offended by the words written by me above, I hope some people can take the meaning out of it, but this sort of thing touches a nerve with me, this forum is about exchange of ideas, but you should really have an idea of your own IMO. a person liking A over B is totally fine with me, even if it doesnt gel with my own, but making recommendations for people to spend reasonable amounts of money should really be made from the heart/mind, not the other area I mentioned

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #477 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(as long as its the maximum
wink.gif

Is that you avin' a dig at me again, the cheeky B%*stard?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, this amp in it's basic form is a top home amp let alone having the flexibility to be portable and tweakable to suit.

Have our adapters arrived yet? just ordered another 2 AD825's and AD797b's for messing about. Can you give me some advice on cap values?

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #478 of 497
Have I missed the PDF doc that was to be coming? Where may I find it if I have?

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #479 of 497
You haven't missed it. It is still to come. I also am looking forward to seeing it, qusp could probably update us but I suspect we are waiting on Ryuzoh who seems a little illusive of late....

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #480 of 497
Quote:

Please don't get mad at me and promise to make me those balanced cables when the protector arrives
bigsmile_face.gif

Friend, I don't think anybody is mad at you. Just annoyed with your post. You suggested everybody "forget" the fi.Quest and get another shiny toy that hasn't been released, had it's priced announced or been heard by more than a select few of us - not to mention it serves a different purpose. If you are interested in a portable balanced amp then with out a doubt look to Ray's Protector. It's just silly (and annoying) to suggest that everybody else should do the same. I was perhaps unnecessarily antagonistic in my reply, but hey... what's done is done.

Now, let's get back to poking Ryuzoh with sticks.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back