iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #196 of 409
Feb 2, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #197 of 409
I put Azla earfit short on IT07 and Iā€™m in shock šŸ˜±
I canā€™t believe how stock tips sounds awful compared to Azla short, itā€™s incredible.
Right now with few hours burnin done I can say IT07 with M8 sounds INCREDIBLE also with stock cable and volt pigtail šŸ˜
Right now I can say itā€™s my favorite IEMšŸ¤©
Special thanks to @Dsnuts for his strongest suggestion about IT07 and every friends who share its performances here like @audio123, @tgx78 and others in private messages.
Guys Iā€™m so happyšŸ„³

Attachments

• DD794C4A-AC10-415C-852C-D8DE448B3CC3.jpeg
    DD794C4A-AC10-415C-852C-D8DE448B3CC3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #198 of 409
I put Azla earfit short on IT07 and Iā€™m in shock šŸ˜±
I canā€™t believe how stock tips sounds awful compared to Azla short, itā€™s incredible.
Right now with few hours burnin done I can say IT07 with M8 sounds INCREDIBLE also with stock cable and volt pigtail šŸ˜
Special thanks to @Dsnuts for his strongest suggestion about IT07 and every friends who share its performances here like @audio123, @tgx78 and others in private messages.
Guys Iā€™m so happyšŸ„³
LOLS... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #199 of 409

I know you have a few IMR iems - I have the Semper and IT04 ...
Was thinking of stopping with what I had but now you've stirred my interest.
Can I ask how the IT07 compares to the IMR iems? Much better in your opinion?

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #200 of 409
@fooey i didnā€™t listen to PB2, can you imagine?
Iā€™m burning it and I donā€™t want to listen till it reach 250h.
Opus Mia is very very different I think IT07 is the best IEM listened as neutral sound with great detail retrieval, but it needs to change stock tips for sure. With Azla Sedna Earfit Short sounds like another IEM.
IMR with Aten driver isnā€™t correct sound, but very immersive for quantity bass, itā€™s a fun listening especially for hip hop, EDM, Trap and similar kind of music.
IMR Aten driver has an amazing dynamic and impact.

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #201 of 409
I know you have a few IMR iems - I have the Semper and IT04 ...
Was thinking of stopping with what I had but now you've stirred my interest.
Can I ask how the IT07 compares to the IMR iems? Much better in your opinion?
If this helps, - I was coming from it04 as well. Semper is not comparable, too thick too bassy with liquid smooth sounding mids(must be Planar there...) What you must have read from top reviewers here - is true: it07 improves on that fan-reference it04 tuning.
Stronger and better controlled bass of it07 has shorter shelf and adds less warmth to the mid-bass and mids, compared to typical IMR, but actually still warmer than it04.
While Semper to me sounds less toll and wide but more deep, I perceive its soundstage as enveloping and filling with sound every crevice of available space. It07 has more classic stage of forward vocals with plenty of depth behind as well as greater width. Still not comparable and a subject to personal preference.
Semper bass is so massive that it's hard for me to even tell how well it's controlled, but it07 bass dynamics is second only to my new favorite Fiio FD5(yes, I think it's better controlled than FH7 and Opus Mia).

@Xinlisupreme, beware of that it07 bass beast.:lion_face: It will grow with burn-in. it07 is pushing my limits already. (Of course I'm not a bass-head, - and what am I even doing in IMR club?):thinking: And come on! PB2 impression is long overdue!:imp:
Ok, who am I to judge, I've burned Semper for 500 hours, but that's because I didn't like the sound after the first 250...:face_palm:

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #202 of 409
@Xinlisupreme, beware of that it07 bass beast.:lion_face: It will grow with burn-in. it07 is pushing my limits already. (Of course I'm not a bass-head, - and what am I even doing in IMR club?):thinking: And come on! PB2 impression is long overdue!:imp:
Ok, who am I to judge, I've burned Semper for 500 hours, but that's because I didn't like the sound after the first 250...:face_palm:
@Owludio I'm sure IT07 will be like you said, i listened it only 6-7h but played around 20h and last listening yesterday night changed but i know during burnin IEM change continuously until it's full burned.
Tomorrow i'll start to listen PB2 that reach almost 170h burnin, having burned Opus Mia i know IMR iems with EST change drastically after very long burnin as Volt.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #203 of 409
Semper bass is so massive that it's hard for me to even tell how well it's controlled, but it07 bass dynamics is second only to my new favorite Fiio FD5(yes, I think it's better controlled than FH7 and Opus Mia

How do you compare IT07 to FD5?

Thanks

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #204 of 409
If this helps, - I was coming from it04 as well. Semper is not comparable, too thick too bassy with liquid smooth sounding mids(must be Planar there...) What you must have read from top reviewers here - is true: it07 improves on that fan-reference it04 tuning.
Stronger and better controlled bass of it07 has shorter shelf and adds less warmth to the mid-bass and mids, compared to typical IMR, but actually still warmer than it04.
While Semper to me sounds less toll and wide but more deep, I perceive its soundstage as enveloping and filling with sound every crevice of available space. It07 has more classic stage of forward vocals with plenty of depth behind as well as greater width. Still not comparable and a subject to personal preference.
Semper bass is so massive that it's hard for me to even tell how well it's controlled, but it07 bass dynamics is second only to my new favorite Fiio FD5(yes, I think it's better controlled than FH7 and Opus Mia).

So, how do you compare it to the FD5?

Thx

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #205 of 409
How do you compare IT07 to FD5?
Thanks
Well, my friend, be careful what you wish for, here it comes...
it07 tuning, to my taste at least, is nearly perfect. I think, a little more air on top(15K+) would be nice. Penon Volt that has that extension, as well as IMRs and even much criticized Roland.
But all of them including FD5 have less natural tuning and that detracts from experience much more than somewhat rolled off top treble.
From IMR, - only Opus Mia can compete in tonal accuracy, but even OM is warmer and less neutral.
FD5 tonal accuracy leaves even more to be desired, especially overly aggressive upper mid & lower treble. I couldn't get over it for days and was planning major mods to try to fix it, but lately had some success with $15 Tripowin Zoni 16core SPC cable. That cable shifts emphasis up from lower treble and makes it bearable.
Also, FD5 has much more mid-bass, so much so that it feels like FiiO engineers wanted to show off - how much FD5 DD can get away with that. To their credit, FD5 controls mid-bass very well and never becomes boomy, resonant or distorted.
FD5 also has more air on top. It feels more phase coherent on the top and I get from it - one of the airiest and open staging. (better than it07 substantially) Depth is about on par with it07. Separation I get better from FD5.
To be fair, it07 is well controlled across the range and, at least for me, seldom it's crossing the line in pushing mids overly forward.
My Moondrop S8 is similar and even more refined in its tonal accuracy, but I do miss fabulously impactful it07 sub-bass. Also S8 sounds much thinner in comparison to it07, while FD5 is thicker and fuller.
To me, it07 is one of the safest choices in my IEM rotation because how little it does wrong.
But FD5 has several wow factors and more fun in general. Dynamics, density, air, liveliness, stage. Fit is meh and metal mesh collects condensate:triportsad:. FD5 is also more fatiguing for me.
I disagree with reviewers that said that FD5 under-performing for the price. One reviewer said that he prefers $140 Fiio FH3:scream:. If FD5 had a more comfortable resin shell- it would be getting more ear-time than it07. But it07 is so well-balanced, that to me it's almost a toss-up with UM MEST. It has minimum "BA treble" issues for me. Less is only Md S8. it07 is also isolating like a boss! :sunglasses:
I prefer it07 to Penon Volt despite Volts ESD treble.
it07 would be a side-grade to FD5, but Dunu Zen, for example, - is off my list, because the only thing I would get - is better tuning. But since FD5 tuning already works for me, - why bother?:shrug:

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #206 of 409
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.
So, IT07 it's a safe bet (I have the IT04) and it's nice to know that šŸ™‚.
Cheers.

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #207 of 409
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.
So, IT07 it's a safe bet (I have the IT04) and it's nice to know that šŸ™‚.
Cheers.
I have it04 too. it07 improved on everything that I love about it04 and most importantly, reduced annoying peak at 8K.
:vulcan:
@fabio19 said: "Is S8 more open than IT07?"
Moondrop S8 and it07 are close on ambient tracks, but when a lot of bass, mid instruments(like solo guitar or brass) and vocals take forward position on the stage, overshadowing the rest and strong bass also partially masks spatial information from upper treble, - thus making it07 sound less open. Ambient music actually sounds very open on it07. On busy tracks S8 gets advantage due to less bass & vocals being pushed back, leaving more room for ambient sounds. That and better top treble extension - makes it sound more open on some tracks. If your ability to perceive open and airy stage depends on top treble, you may find S8 sounding more open, despite un-vented all BA design. But it's close. Most recordings don't take advantage of upper treble extension anyway. So if you're looking for open sounding IEM, S8 is not an upgrade over it07.
I only got it for fit and isolation:loudspeaker:, and the rest just had to be good enough.:sunglasses: Fiio FD5 is very open sounding but tuning is not the best.
What did you not like about it07 sound?
1613155134395.png
1613155166230.png
:vulcan::smile_phones:

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #209 of 409
I have it04 too. it07 improved on everything that I love about it04 and most importantly, reduced annoying peak at 8K.
:vulcan:
@fabio19 said: "Is S8 more open than IT07?"
Moondrop S8 and it07 are close on ambient tracks, but when a lot of bass, mid instruments(like solo guitar or brass) and vocals take forward position on the stage, overshadowing the rest and strong bass also partially masks spatial information from upper treble, - thus making it07 sound less open. Ambient music actually sounds very open on it07. On busy tracks S8 gets advantage due to less bass & vocals being pushed back, leaving more room for ambient sounds. That and better top treble extension - makes it sound more open on some tracks. If your ability to perceive open and airy stage depends on top treble, you may find S8 sounding more open, despite un-vented all BA design. But it's close. Most recordings don't take advantage of upper treble extension anyway. So if you're looking for open sounding IEM, S8 is not an upgrade over it07.
I only got it for fit and isolation:loudspeaker:, and the rest just had to be good enough.:sunglasses: Fiio FD5 is very open sounding but tuning is not the best.
What did you not like about it07 sound?
1613155134395.png1613155166230.png :vulcan::smile_phones:
I don't have IT07. I had read that the S8 sounded similar to IT07 and in some cases even more open. Since I hear very good things about IT07 and hardly ever about S8 it seemed strange to me that the S8 was as good as IT07. I didn't buy IT07 because looking at the graph they have too much low range and I listen in a different way. I own Dunu SA6, BGVP DM8, and Faerless S8P. I would like to buy Tansio Mirai 8 space and am also evaluating Faerless Hyper S. I have listened to the Volts. Objectively I think they are really well sounding but for my listening standards that are unclear, not very fast and not very open. But that's just my personal opinion given my different listening modes but I think the Volt sounds really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back