iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #211 of 409
My video about IT07. Exquisite design and skilfully tailored sound

Could you give a detailed technical comparison with Solaris ?

thank you,

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #212 of 409

thank you,

To be honest, I don't know what details I can add, as it's a clear case of a situation when one model is a bit better in many aspects, and that gives that "step ahead". Which is pretty unsurprising for a model with a 1.5X higher price.

Solaris has better layering in the treble, not by much, but still audible. Solaris more highlighting emotions, while IT07 stays closer to neutrality (but not being neutral). As for mids, I like IT07 a bit more, as it sounds less focused on micro-contrast for me, but with a tad better weight. But that's more of a subjective preference. Bit faster bass on Solaris, but the difference isn't huge once again.

Actually, the overall difference in presentation is more noticeable here and is a #1 source of choice in my opinion.

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #213 of 409
To be honest, I don't know what details I can add, as it's a clear case of a situation when one model is a bit better in many aspects, and that gives that "step ahead". Which is pretty unsurprising for a model with a 1.5X higher price.

Solaris has better layering in the treble, not by much, but still audible. Solaris more highlighting emotions, while IT07 stays closer to neutrality (but not being neutral). As for mids, I like IT07 a bit more, as it sounds less focused on micro-contrast for me, but with a tad better weight. But that's more of a subjective preference. Bit faster bass on Solaris, but the difference isn't huge once again.

Actually, the overall difference in presentation is more noticeable here and is a #1 source of choice in my opinion.
@cleg Precious feedback, but wich Solaris model is? OG, 2020, SE or LE?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #214 of 409
Which is pretty unsurprising for a model with a 1.5X higher price.
Even though I really like your reviews and channel, I disagree with this point of view of yours! What do you think is in the internals of the Solaris that makes it sound better than the iBasso and costs 1,5 X more? It`s all about marketing and product placement....sad but true!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #215 of 409

thank you,
I had Solaris SE before IT07 (but also had IT04 at the same time as Solaris). Honestly, I liked the Solaris, but not 3X the price of '04 worth (maybe 10% better).

Sold SE, then later purchased '07. So while I can't report a direct comparison (Solaris vs '07) I can say that I found the '07 a more compelling upgrade over the '04. Stage, bass and timbre were better for SE but are also better for '07. I suspect the SE was the victim of 'reverse expectation bias' (yes, I know I just made that up). By that, I mean that I expected great things from the SE, but ended up feeling like they were only 'somewhat better' than '04.

TBH, I think the SE and the '07 are close enough that to say anything more I'd have to have both and be able to A/B them.

Not really what you were asking, but the best I can do :)

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #216 of 409
Received mine today from Poland 🙂.
Already in my ears and...wow.
And my ultra portable setup is just a S10+/iBasso DC04/iBasso CA04/iBasso IT07.
And now, let's enjoy music and forget the iems I have not 🧘.

Attachments

• PSX_20210219_135132.jpg
    PSX_20210219_135132.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #217 of 409
Precious feedback, but wich Solaris model is? OG, 2020, SE or LE?

Original. I didn’t test 2020 version.
I disagree with this point of view of yours!
You don’t agree that Solaris sounds better? Great, but please share your impressions on the comparison, it will be really useful as an alternative for my opinion.
What do you think is in the internals of the Solaris that makes it sound better than the iBasso and costs 1,5 X more?
I don’t know what makes this sound difference. Maybe some other drivers, maybe that TAEC or other things. And to be honest, I don’t care much.

Please understand, I’m not saying that Solaris is much better, difference isn’t huge. But it’s audible for me. Anyway, law of diminishing returns works here too, so price became higher, improvements became smaller. And IT07 is a great IEMs

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #218 of 409
Original. I didn’t test 2020 version.

You don’t agree that Solaris sounds better? Great, but please share your impressions on the comparison, it will be really useful as an alternative for my opinion.

I don’t know what makes this sound difference. Maybe some other drivers, maybe that TAEC or other things. And to be honest, I don’t care much.

Please understand, I’m not saying that Solaris is much better, difference isn’t huge. But it’s audible for me. Anyway, law of diminishing returns works here too, so price became higher, improvements became smaller. And IT07 is a great IEMs
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Again, I generally really like your reviews and this was not meant as an offense! :)

I am just respectfully disagreeing to one conclusion that you often have in your reviews: Audio Gear A is more expensive than B, so of course it is no wonder that it sounds better than B! I am not saying Solaris is not sounding better than IT07 (haven`t heard the latter one, so I can`t comment on that). I am just saying that just being more expensive does not make gear sound better than cheaper stuff.
In fact, I am pretty sure that the used internals of Solaris are not more expensive than the ones from IT07! They use very similar driver types (most likely by other makers from China) and the internal build of recent earphones does not vary that much because certain structures have established.
So think about what then defines the price of an IEM (why is Solaris more expensive than IT07?)! In the end, there are many factors, like where it is assembled, R&D costs and -as I have written - how a manufactor positions a product or its marketing: Who is the taget group and how much is this group willing to spend?

You write: " law of diminishing returns works here too, so price became higher, improvements became smaller."
But I say, even if price gets higher, there are many cases in todays IEM market where there are no improvements at all! Some expensive gear is just tuned and build differently than cheaper gear, but this does not necessarily make it better (can but not must)!

If you think about all these factors, the only conclusion is: Prince does not necessary go ahead with sound quality! So I think it is worth to compare gear of different price categories - something I have never understood why many reviewers shy away from or are often biased.

This is all I meant! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #219 of 409
I am just saying that just being more expensive does not make gear sound better than cheaper stuff.

Of course it doesn’t. There are a bunch of expensive stuff that is inferior to cheaper ones.
I’m referring the price to set the correct expectations and “protect” more affordable gear. I’m not saying “A is better because it’s more expensive than B”, I’m saying “B isn’t as good as A, but B costs more, so evaluate that, do you want to pay 2x more for a slight improvement”. For me it’s a different sayings. Without reference to the price all reviews looks like “ok, it’s KZ FR4, compared to my favorite UM IEMs they are totally bad” that makes no sense.
Some time ago I‘ve tried to do reviews without considering price, but due to cognitive errors lots of people in audience didn’t understand that difference in price and treat reviews wrong, so I’m referring to the price. But this reference is also gots wrong interpretation (((

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #220 of 409
Of course it doesn’t. There are a bunch of expensive stuff that is inferior to cheaper ones.
I’m referring the price to set the correct expectations and “protect” more affordable gear. I’m not saying “A is better because it’s more expensive than B”, I’m saying “B isn’t as good as A, but B costs more, so evaluate that, do you want to pay 2x more for a slight improvement”. For me it’s a different sayings. Without reference to the price all reviews looks like “ok, it’s KZ FR4, compared to my favorite UM IEMs they are totally bad” that makes no sense.
Some time ago I‘ve tried to do reviews without considering price, but due to cognitive errors lots of people in audience didn’t understand that difference in price and treat reviews wrong, so I’m referring to the price. But this reference is also gots wrong interpretation (((
keep doing what you are doing right now,
your reviews are great, 👍

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #221 of 409
Hi guys,

Just to express my irritation with the country I live...Portugal!!!
I bought the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec (MS/M/ML) fir 28.00 usd + 11.00 usd for H&S directly from Korea (because any of the Amazon stores in Europe could send it to me!!! Why???). Received 5 mins ago from FedEx and now the bad news: I paid 43,87 euros (about 53 usd) for importing taxes!!!
It must be the most expensives eartips in the universe!
Really I am #€@& whatever.
Sorry but I needed to relieve my stress here.
Cheers
Paulo

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #222 of 409
Sorry..any Amazon store couldn't send it to me!

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #223 of 409
@paulobao I bought Azla from Amazon.co.jp
You pay duties and taxes when you order but isn’t too much.
I suggest to place small orders, under 25$

Attachments

• 301ECE90-964F-4725-B496-4316F5619D5B.jpeg
    301ECE90-964F-4725-B496-4316F5619D5B.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1D808090-4049-4173-8430-D322650C5982.jpeg
    1D808090-4049-4173-8430-D322650C5982.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #224 of 409
Hi guys,

Just to express my irritation with the country I live...Portugal!!!
I bought the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec (MS/M/ML) fir 28.00 usd + 11.00 usd for H&S directly from Korea (because any of the Amazon stores in Europe could send it to me!!! Why???). Received 5 mins ago from FedEx and now the bad news: I paid 43,87 euros (about 53 usd) for importing taxes!!!
It must be the most expensives eartips in the universe!
Really I am #€@& whatever.
Sorry but I needed to relieve my stress here.
Cheers
Paulo
That is indeed completely ridiculous.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #225 of 409

Users who are viewing this thread

Back